1985 U.S. Women's Open Golf Championship
|Dates||July 11–14, 1985|
|Location||Springfield, New Jersey|
|Course(s)||Baltusrol Golf Club,
|Length||6,274 yards (5,737 m)|
|Field||153 players, 62 after cut|
Kathy Baker, 24, won her first LPGA Tour event and only major title, three strokes ahead of runner-up Judy Clark (later Dickinson). Baker (later Guadagnino) held the lead after 54 holes at 210 (–6), one stroke ahead of Clark and 36-hole leader Nancy Lopez.
The 153-player field included 24 amateurs.
The Upper Course previously hosted the U.S. Open in 1936, won by Tony Manero. The U.S. Women's Open in 1961 was played on the more renowned Lower Course, where Mickey Wright won the third of her four titles.
Sunday, July 14, 1985
|Place||Player||Country||Score||To par||Money ($)|
|1||Kathy Baker||United States||70-72-68-70=280||–8||41,975|
|2||Judy Clark||United States||71-75-65-72=283||–5||21,700|
|3||Vicki Alvarez||United States||72-69-71-75=287||–1||16,800|
|T4||Janet Coles||United States||72-69-71-76=288||E||10,854|
|Nancy Lopez||United States||70-70-71-77=288|
|T6||Sally Little|| South Africa
|T8||Jane Geddes||United States||74-75-69-72=290||+2||5,893|
|Betsy King||United States||71-73-71-75=290|
- Cimino, Rich (July 14, 1985). "Newcomers atop Open's leaderboard". Eugene Register-Guard. Newsday. p. 4C.
- McDermott, Barry (July 22, 1985). "Opening in high style". Sports Illustrated: 28.
- Jenkins, Sally (July 15, 1985). "Baker shakes off pressure to win Open". Eugene Register-Guard. (Washington Post). p. 1C.
- "Lopez's putter makes her day at the Open". Eugene Register-Guard. Associated Press. July 13, 1985. p. 1C.
- "Lopez off to good start in U.S. Women's Open". Eugene Register-Guard. Associated Press. July 12, 1985. p. 3E.
- U.S. Women's Open – past champions – 1985