1986 Cleveland Indians season
|1986 Cleveland Indians|
|Major League affiliations|
|Owner(s)||Estate of F.J. "Steve" O'Neill, Richard Jacobs|
|Previous season Next season|
- December 10, 1985: George Vukovich was purchased from the Indians by the Seibu Lions (Japan Pacific).
- January 7, 1986: Roy Smith and Ramón Romero were traded by the Indians to the Minnesota Twins for Ken Schrom and Bryan Oelkers.
- January 14, 1986: Troy Neel was drafted by the Indians in the 9th round of the 1986 Major League Baseball Draft. Player signed May 5, 1986.
- January 23, 1986: Fran Mullins was purchased by the Indians from the San Francisco Giants.
- February 8, 1986: Dickie Noles was signed as a free agent by the Indians.
- February 10, 1986: Butch Benton was released by the Indians.
- February 25, 1986: Jim Kern was signed as a free agent by the Indians.
|Boston Red Sox||95||66||.590||--|
|New York Yankees||90||72||.556||5½|
|Toronto Blue Jays||86||76||.531||9½|
- March 28, 1986: Dave Von Ohlen was released by the Indians.
- April 1, 1986: Jerry Willard was released by the Indians.
- June 2, 1986: Greg Swindell was drafted by the Indians in the 1st round (2nd pick) of the 1986 Major League Baseball Draft. Player signed July 31, 1986.
- June 17, 1986: Jim Kern was released by the Indians.
- June 20, 1986: Neal Heaton was traded by the Indians to the Minnesota Twins for John Butcher.
|1986 Cleveland Indians|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In; * = League Leader
|C||Allanson, AndyAndy Allanson||101||293||66||.225||1||29|
|1B||Tabler, PatPat Tabler||130||473||154||.326||6||48|
|2B||Bernazard, TonyTony Bernazard||146||562||169||.301||17||73|
|SS||Franco, JulioJulio Franco||149||599||183||.306||10||74|
|3B||Jacoby, BrookBrook Jacoby||158||583||168||.288||17||80|
|RF||Carter, JoeJoe Carter||162||663||200||.302||29||121|
|CF||Butler, BrettBrett Butler||161||587||163||.278||4||51|
|LF||Hall, MelMel Hall||140||442||131||.296||18||77|
|DH||Thornton, AndreAndre Thornton||120||401||92||.229||17||66|
Note: G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
|Snyder, CoryCory Snyder||103||416||113||.272||24||69|
|Bando, ChrisChris Bando||92||254||68||.268||2||26|
|Castillo, CarmenCarmen Castillo||85||205||57||.278||8||32|
|Nixon, OtisOtis Nixon||105||95||25||.263||0||8|
|Clark, DaveDave Clark||18||58||16||.276||3||9|
|Mullins, FranFran Mullins||28||40||7||.175||0||5|
|Bell, JayJay Bell||5||14||5||.357||1||4|
|Rohn, DanDan Rohn||6||10||2||.200||0||2|
|Williams, EddieEddie Williams||5||7||1||.143||0||1|
Note:* = League Leader
|Schrom, KenKen Schrom||34||3||1||206||14||7||4.54||87|
|Niekro, PhilPhil Niekro||34||5||0||210.1||11||11||4.32||81|
|Candiotti, TomTom Candiotti||36||17||3||252.1||16||12||3.57||167|
|Heaton, NealNeal Heaton||12||2||0||74.1||3||6||4.24||24|
|Swindell, GregGreg Swindell||9||1||0||61.2||5||2||4.23||46|
|Román, JoséJosé Román||6||0||0||22||1||2||6.55||9|
|Schulze, DonDon Schulze||19||84.2||4||4||5.00||33|
|Butcher, JohnJohn Butcher||13||50.2||1||5||6.93||16|
|Camacho, ErnieErnie Camacho||51||2||4||20||4.08||36|
|Bailes, ScottScott Bailes||62||10||10||7||4.95||60|
|Yett, RichRich Yett||39||5||3||1||5.15||50|
|Noles, DickieDickie Noles||32||3||2||0||5.10||32|
|Oelkers, BryanBryan Oelkers||35||3||3||1||4.70||33|
|Wills, FrankFrank Wills||26||3||4||4||4.91||32|
|Kern, JimJim Kern||16||1||1||0||7.90||11|
|Jones, DougDoug Jones||11||1||0||1||2.50||12|
|Easterly, JamieJamie Easterly||13||0||2||0||7.64||9|
|Ritter, ReggieReggie Ritter||5||0||0||0||6.30||6|
Awards and honors
|AAA||Maine Guides||International League||Jim Napier|
|AA||Waterbury Indians||Eastern League||Orlando Gómez|
|A||Waterloo Indians||Midwest League||Steve Swisher|
|Short-Season A||Batavia Trojans||New York-Penn League||Glenn Adams|
LEAGUE CHAMPIONS: Waterloo
- George Vukovich page at Baseball Reference
- Roy Smith page at Baseball Reference
- Troy Neel page at Baseball Reference
- Fran Mullins page at Baseball Reference
- Dickie Noles page at Baseball Reference
- Butch Benton page at Baseball Reference
- Jim Kern page at Baseball Reference
- Dave Von Ohlen page at Baseball Reference
- Jerry Willard page at Baseball Reference
- Greg Swindell page at Baseball Reference
- John Butcher page at Baseball Reference
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 3rd edition. Durham, N.C.: Baseball America, 2007
- 1986 Cleveland Indians team page at Baseball Reference
- 1986 Cleveland Indians team page at www.baseball-almanac.com
|This article relating to a Cleveland Indians baseball season is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|