The Senior men's race at the 1987 IAAF World Cross Country Championships was held in Warszawa, Poland, at the Służewiec Racecourse on March 22, 1987. A report on the event was given in the Glasgow Herald and in the Evening Times.
Complete results, medallists,  and the results of British athletes were published.
Senior men's race (11.95 km)
- Note: Athletes in parentheses did not score for the team result
An unofficial count yields the participation of 278 athletes from 38 countries in the Senior men's race. This is in agreement with the official numbers as published.
- ^ Gillon, Doug (March 23, 1987), Lynch's supreme effort just fails in Polish mud - Liz Lynch gave everything she had, and then found a little more, but it was not quite enough to capture the world cross-country title on the freezing muddy wastes of Sluzewiac racecourse this afternoon..., Glasgow Herald, p. 10, retrieved October 22, 2013
- ^ Sad Lynch comes out second best - Not even the consolidation of the silver medal could bring a smile to the face of Scotland's Liz Lynch after the World Cross Cross Country Championships in Warsaw.., Evening Times, March 23, 1987, p. 17, retrieved October 22, 2013
- ^ Magnusson, Tomas (September 8, 2007), IAAF World Cross Country Championships - 12.0km CC Men - Warszawa Sluzewiec Date: Sunday, March 22, 1987, Athchamps (archived), retrieved October 22, 2013
- ^ IAAF WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, Athletics Weekly, retrieved October 9, 2013
- ^ a b 36th IAAF WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS - EDINBURGH 2008 - FACTS & FIGURES - GREAT BRITAIN & NORTHERN IRELAND AT THE INTERNATIONAL CROSS COUNTRY & WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS (PDF), IAAF, p. 2ff, retrieved October 9, 2013