From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 1988-89 NBA season was the Nets' 13th season in the NBA.
Main article: 1988 NBA Draft
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)
- z - clinched division title
- y - clinched division title
- x - clinched playoff spot
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)
Awards and records
- June 23, 1988: Pearl Washington drafted in the NBA expansion draft by the Miami Heat.
- July 1, 1988: Released Dudley Bradley.
- July 19, 1988: Signed Anthony Bowie as a free agent.
- August 10, 1988: Orlando Woolridge signed as an unrestricted free agent with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- August 29, 1988: Traded Dallas Comegys to the San Antonio Spurs for Walter Berry.
- August 30, 1988: Signed Kevin Williams as a free agent.
- August 31, 1988: Waived Otis Birdsong.
- October 4, 1988: Signed Frank Johnson as a free agent.
- October 31, 1988: Traded a 1991 2nd round draft pick and a 1996 2nd round draft pick to the Sacramento Kings for Mike McGee.
- November 1, 1988: Waived Anthony Bowie.
- November 2, 1988: Traded Tony Brown, Frank Johnson, Tim McCormick and Lorenzo Romar to the Houston Rockets for Joe Barry Carroll and Lester Conner.
- November 23, 1988: Signed Ron Cavenall as a free agent.
- December 27, 1988: Waived Ron Cavenall.
- January 30, 1989: Waived Walter Berry.
- January 31, 1989: Signed Bill Jones as a free agent.
- February 7, 1989: Signed Corey Gaines to the first of two 10-day contracts.
- February 27, 1989: Signed Corey Gaines as a free agent.
- March 3, 1989: Waived Kevin Williams.