1988 Pacific-10 Conference Men's Basketball Tournament
|Champions||Arizona (1st title)|
|Winning coach||Lute Olson (1st title)|
|MVP||Sean Elliott Arizona|
|Attendance||66,477 (5 sessions)|
|1988 NIT, 1988 NCAA|
|Pacific-10 Conference Men's
The 1988 Pacific-10 Conference Men's Basketball Tournament was played between March 10 and March 13, 1988 at McKale Center in Tucson, Arizona on the University of Arizona campus. Both teams made their first trip to the final game and it was the first final to feature both #1 and #2 seeds. The champion of the tournament was Arizona, which received the Pac-10's automatic bid to the 1988 NCAA Tournament. The Most Outstanding Player was Sean Elliott of Arizona.
|Play-In Round (March 10)||Quarterfinals (March 11)||Semifinals (March 12)||Final (March 13)|
Asterisk denotes overtime period.
- Arizona's 26 point win (93-67) over Oregon State was the largest margin of victory for the final game in Pac-10/12 Tournament history.
- Arizona's 93 points is still a record for the most points scored in the Pac-10/12 tournament final game.
- #10 Washington and #9 Cal each upset their opponents early on to be the first winners for their respective seeds in Pac-10 Tournament history.
- A current record high FG% for a game of 68.3% was set by Cal vs. USC (28-of-41).
- A current record of most points for a tournament was set by Arizona, (3 games).
- A current record FG% for this tournament of 79.1% was set by Isaac Austin of Arizona State, (19-of-24, 3 games, min 15 made).
All Tournament Team
- Sean Elliott, Arizona
- Anthony Cook, Arizona
- Steve Kerr, Arizona
- Todd Lichti, Stanford
- Gary Payton, Oregon State