1988 Texas Rangers season
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1988 Texas Rangers|
|Major League affiliations|
(Bob Carpenter, Steve Busby)
(Bob Carpenter, Norm Hitzges, Merle Harmon)
(Eric Nadel, Mark Holtz )
|Previous season Next season|
- December 13, 1987: Barbaro Garbey was signed as a Free Agent with the Texas Rangers.
- December 21, 1987: Greg A. Harris was released by the Texas Rangers.
- March 25, 1988: Mike Loynd was traded by the Rangers to the Houston Astros for Robbie Wine.
Opening Day starters
- Jerry Browne
- Steve Buechele
- Scott Fletcher
- Charlie Hough
- Pete Incaviglia
- Oddibe McDowell
- Pete O'Brien
- Larry Parrish
- Geno Petralli
- Rubén Sierra
|Kansas City Royals||84||77||.522||19½|
|Chicago White Sox||71||90||.441||32½|
- April 4, 1988: Guy Hoffman was signed as a free agent by the Rangers.
- July 21, 1988: Jim Sundberg was signed as a free agent by the Rangers.
- July 27, 1988: Iván Rodríguez was signed by the Rangers as an amateur free agent.
- August 30, 1988: Dale Mohorcic was traded by the Rangers to the New York Yankees for Cecilio Guante.
- September 1, 1988: Tom O'Malley was traded by the Rangers to the Montreal Expos for a player to be named later. The Expos completed the deal by sending Jack Daugherty to the Rangers on September 13.
|1988 Texas Rangers roster|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
LEAGUE CHAMPIONS: Tulsa
- Robbie Wine page at Baseball Reference
- 1988 Texas Rangers Roster by Baseball Almanac
- Guy Hoffman page at Baseball Reference
- Jim Sundberg page at Baseball Reference
- Iván Rodríguez page at Baseball Reference
- Cecilio Guante page at Baseball Reference
- Jack Daugherty page at Baseball Reference
- 1988 Texas Rangers team page at Baseball Reference
- 1988 Texas Rangers team page at www.baseball-almanac.com
- Johnson, Lloyd; Wolff, Miles, eds. (2007). The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball (3rd ed.). Durham, N.C.: Baseball America. ISBN 978-1-932391-17-6.