The Junior men's race at the 1989 IAAF World Cross Country Championships was held in Stavanger, Norway, at the Scanvest Ring on March 19, 1989. A report on the event was given in the Glasgow Herald.
Complete results, medallists,  and the results of British athletes were published.
Junior men's race (8 km)
- Note: Athletes in parentheses did not score for the team result
An unofficial count yields the participation of 134 athletes from 31 countries in the Junior men's race. This is in agreement with the official numbers as published.
- ^ Ngugi wins unprecedented fourth title - Despite a gallant chase by Britain's Tim Hutchings, the World Cross-Country Championships in Norway yesterday turned into a Kenyan festival..., Glasgow Herald, March 20, 1989, p. 20, retrieved October 23, 2013
- ^ Magnusson, Tomas (September 8, 2007), IAAF World Cross Country Championships - 8.0km CC Men - Stavanger Scanvest Date: Sunday, March 19, 1989, Athchamps (archived), retrieved October 23, 2013
- ^ IAAF WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, Athletics Weekly, retrieved October 9, 2013
- ^ a b 36th IAAF WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS - EDINBURGH 2008 - FACTS & FIGURES - GREAT BRITAIN & NORTHERN IRELAND AT THE INTERNATIONAL CROSS COUNTRY & WORLD CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, IAAF, p. 2ff, retrieved October 9, 2013