1990–91 Michigan Wolverines men's basketball team
|1990–91 Michigan Wolverines men's basketball|
1991 National Invitation Tournament, First Round
|Conference||Big Ten Conference|
|1990–91 record||14–15 (7–11, 8th Big Ten)|
|Head coach||Steve Fisher|
|Assistant coach||Brian Dutcher|
|Assistant coach||Jay Smith|
|Assistant coach||Edgar Burch (Volunteer)|
|Home arena||Crisler Arena|
|1990–91 Big Ten Conference men's basketball standings|
|#5 Ohio State||15||–||3||.833||27||–||4||.871|
|Rankings from AP Poll|
The 1990–91 Michigan Wolverines men's basketball team represented the University of Michigan in intercollegiate college basketball during the 1990–91 season. The team played its home games in the Crisler Arena in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and was a member of the Big Ten Conference. Under the direction of head coach Steve Fisher, the team finished eighth in the Big Ten Conference. The team earned an invitation to the 1991 National Invitation Tournament (NIT) where it was eliminated in the first round. The team was unranked for the entire seventeen weeks of Associated Press Top Twenty-Five Poll, and it also ended the season unranked in the final UPI Coaches' Poll. The team had a 0–7 record against ranked opponents.
Demetrius Calip served as team captain and earned team MVP. The team's leading scorers were Calip (594 points), Michael Talley (318 points), and Kirk Taylor (301 points). The leading rebounders were Eric Riley (242), Kirk Taylor (119), and Calip (112). The leaders in assists were Calip (102), Talley (93) and Taylor (72).
Team players drafted into the NBA
|1993||2||6||33||Eric Riley||Dallas Mavericks|
- "Big Ten Basketball 2009–10 Media Guide". CBS Interactive. p. 68. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Postseason NIT". CBS Interactive. p. 68. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Division I Records". National Collegiate Athletic Association. pp. 68–83. Retrieved 2010-08-28.
- "Division I Records". National Collegiate Athletic Association. p. 87. Retrieved 2010-08-28.
- "Through The Years". MGoBlue.com. CBS Interactive. p. 44. Retrieved 2010-09-20.
- "All-Time Accolades". MGoBlue.com. CBS Interactive. pp. 9–10.
- "Men's Basketball Statistic Archive Query Page". MGoBlue.com. CBS Interactive. Retrieved September 22, 2010.
- "Big Ten Basketball 2009–10 Media Guide". CBS Interactive. p. 34. Retrieved 2010-09-16.
- "Big Ten Basketball 2009–10 Media Guide". CBS Interactive. p. 37. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "1993 NBA Draft". Basketball-reference.com. Retrieved 2014-04-25.