Coordinates: 3°16′N 101°39′E / 3.27°N 101.65°E
|1990 Kuala Lumpur-Karak Highway Crash
||28 February 1990
The 1990 Kuala Lumpur-Karak Highway Crash took place on 28 February 1990. 17 people were killed when the passenger bus collided with a tanker lorry, FRU riot police vehicles and 10 cars at kilometre 30.9 of the Kuala Lumpur-Karak Highway not far from Genting Sempah Tunnel in Gombak, Selangor. 11 FRU riot police personal were killed too. Many vehicles to and from Kuala Lumpur were trapped in a massive jams for five hours. This was the worst highway disaster in Malaysia since Kuala Lumpur-Karak Highway was opened to traffic in 1979.
- Adopted from Kemalangan Paling Buruk di Lebuhraya - Buku Rekod Malaysia Edisi Kedua, Ghulam Jie M Khan
- Adopted from the title of 22 January year 1990 articles - Century Clips, New Straits Times 31 December 1999
- Adopted from the title of 22 January year 1990 articles - Chronicles of Malaysia (1957–2007)
- ^ "Mohd Azhari – 15 deaths including 11 cops in memories". Utusan Malaysia. 2003-06-26. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
- ^ "15 die in highway crash". New Straits Times. 1990-03-01. Retrieved 2010-08-03.
- ^ "Nahas terburuk KL-Karak". Utusan Malaysia. 2012-03-17. Retrieved 2013-08-14.