1991 Dunhill Cup
|Location||St Andrews, Scotland|
|Course(s)||Old Course at St Andrews|
|Length||6,933 yards (6,340 m)|
|Field||16 teams of 3 players|
(Anders Forsbrand, Per-Ulrik Johansson, Mats Lanner)
The 1991 Dunhill Cup was the seventh Dunhill Cup. It was a team tournament featuring 16 countries, each represented by three players. The Cup was played 10–13 October at the Old Course at St Andrews in Scotland. The sponsor was the Alfred Dunhill company. The Swedish team of Anders Forsbrand, Per-Ulrik Johansson, and Mats Lanner beat the South African team of John Bland, David Frost, and Gary Player in the final. The final match was scheduled to consist of six individual matches (as in 1989 and 1990) but was reduced to three matches (as from 1985 to 1988) due to weather.
The Cup was played as a single-elimination, match play event played over four days. The top eight teams were seeded with the remaining teams randomly placed in the bracket. In each match, the three players were paired with their opponents and played 18 holes at medal match play. Tied matches were extended to a sudden-death playoff only if they affected the outcome between the two teams.
|South Korea||1||1||United States||1|
|8||South Africa||2||8||South Africa||2|
Round by round scores
|South Africa||David Frost||4||0|
|South Africa||John Bland||3||1|
|South Africa||Gary Player||1||3|
|Scotland||Gordon Brand, Jnr||2.5||1.5|
|United States||Fred Couples||2||0|
|United States||Steve Pate||1||1|
|United States||Curtis Strange||0||2|
|South Korea||Choi Sang-Ho||1||0|
|South Korea||Lee Kang-Sun||0||1|
|South Korea||Park Nam-Sin||0||1|
|Spain||Miguel Ángel Martín||0||1|
- "U.S. golfers win in first round". Spokane Chronicle (Spokane, Washington). AP. 11 October 1991. pp. C2, C4. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "Top-seeded U.S. get Korea in first round of Dunhill Cup". The Gainesville Sun (Gainesville, Florida). 10 October 1991. p. 2C. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "Weather plagues Dunhill Cup". Lakeland Ledger (Lakeland, Florida). 12 October 1991. p. 6D. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "Dunhill Cup". The Gainesville Sun (Gainesville, Florida). 14 October 1991. pp. 2C, 4C. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "South Africa advances; Dunhill Cup". The Victoria Advocate (Victoria, Texas). AP. 13 October 1991. pp. 5B, 7B. Retrieved 13 December 2012.
- "Sweden shows golf might". Toledo Blade (Toledo, Ohio). AP. 14 October 1991. p. 17. Retrieved 13 December 2012.