1991 Mediterranean Games
|XI Mediterranean Games
|Events||214 in 23 sports|
|Opening ceremony||June 28|
|Closing ceremony||July 12|
|Officially opened by||Konstantinos Karamanlis|
|Main venue||Olympic Stadium|
At the beginning of June 1991, the Pre-Mediterranean Cup was taken out in Georgios Kamaras Stadium with the participation of the best-8 football clubs in Greece, excluding Olympiacos FC, Panathinaikos FC and PAOK FC, as their players were tired of Superleague (A'Ethniki) games. It was something like the Greek League Cup that took place the previous year. In the Semifinals, AEK Athens FC beat Apollon Smyrnis 4–2 and OFI Crete beat Athinaikos FC 1-0. In the Final AEK Athens FC beat OFI Crete 1–0 and obtained the title.
23 sports were contested at the 1991 Mediterranean Games.
- "Affiche officielle des JM d’Athènes 1991". cijm.org.gr. Retrieved 16 February 2013.
- XI Mediterranean Games, video footage at the Hellenic National Audiovisual Archive
- Olympic Council of Serbia 1991 Mediterranean Games results
- International Mediterranean Games Committee
- Mediterranean Games Athletic results at gbrathletics website
- - Athens (GRE) at CIJM web site