1992–93 CJAHL season
|1992–93 CJAHL season|
|League||OHA Central Junior A Hockey League|
1992-09 – 1993-02
1993-02 – 1993-04
|Number of teams||17|
← 1992–93 CJBHL
The 1992–93 CJAHL season was the 1st and only season of the OHA's Central Junior A Hockey League (CJAHL), a pilot project that would become the Ontario Provincial Junior A Hockey League in 1993. The nine teams of the East Division competed in a 48-game schedule, while the eight teams of the West Division played a 49-game schedule. The top 7 teams of each division make the playoffs.
- Central Junior B Hockey League is elected to become pilot project for planned Junior A league.
- Cobourg Cougars join CJAHL from COJCHL.
- Aurora Eagles leave CJAHL for MetJHL.
- Streetsville Derbys move and become Mississauga Derbys.
Note: GP = Games played; W = Wins; L = Losses; OTL = Overtime Losses; SL = Shootout Losses; GF = Goals For; GA = Goals Against; PTS = Points; x = clinched playoff berth; y = clinched division title; z = clinched conference title
1992-93 CJAHL Playoffs
- For the history of OHA Junior B Championship, please go to the Sutherland Cup.
- Burlington Cougars defeated Georgetown Raiders 3-games-to-none
- Milton Merchants defeated Mississauga Derbys 3-games-to-none
- Caledon Canadians defeated Oakville Blades 3-games-to-1
- Markham Waxers defeated Ajax Axemen 3-games-to-1
- Peterborough Jr. Petes defeated Lindsay Bears 3-games-to-2
- Orillia Terriers defeated Newmarket 87's 3-games-to-2
- Brampton Capitals defeated Caledon Canadians 4-games-to-1
- Milton Merchants defeated Burlington Cougars 4-games-to-1
- Barrie Colts defeated Orillia Terriers 4-games-to-1
- Peterborough Jr. Petes defeated Markham Waxers 4-games-to-none
- Brampton Capitals defeated Milton Merchants 4-games-to-2
- Barrie Colts defeated Peterborough Jr. Petes 4-games-to-1
OHA Sutherland Cup Junior B Championship
- Barrie Colts defeated Hamilton Kilty B's (GHJHL) 4-games-to-none
- Barrie 7 - Hamilton 2
- Barrie 8 - Hamilton 3
- Barrie 6 - Hamilton 5 2OT
- Barrie 9 - Hamilton 5
- Barrie Colts defeated Kitchener Dutchmen (MWJHL) 4-games-to-none
- Barrie 5 - Kitchener 2
- Barrie 5 - Kitchener 3
- Barrie 8 - Kitchener 5
- Barrie 7 - Kitchener 3
The Barrie Colts of the Central League and the Wexford Raiders of the Metro Junior A Hockey League. Played a pair of exhibition games head-to-head for charity. The purpose of the games was to match the probably champions of the two leagues head-to-head to see where each league's talent level stood if the OHA was to allow both leagues in as sanctioned Junior A leagues for the 1993-94 season. Wexford won both games by narrow margins, but the second game was marred by an incident involving a fight, initiated by the Barrie Colts, that spilled into the crowd.
- Wexford Raiders (MetJHL) defeated Barrie Colts 7-6
- Wexford Raiders (MetJHL) defeated Barrie Colts 4-3
- Sutherland Cup
- List of OJHL seasons
- Western Ontario Hockey League
- Mid-Western Junior Hockey League
- Golden Horseshoe Junior Hockey League
- Official website of the Ontario Junior Hockey League
- Official website of the Canadian Junior Hockey League
1991–92 CJBHL season
|OJHL seasons||Succeeded by
1993–94 OPJHL season