1992 San Diego Padres season
|1992 San Diego Padres
|Major league affiliations|
|Manager(s)||Greg Riddoch and Jim Riggleman|
Cox Cable (Rick Monday, Jerry Coleman, Ted Leitner, Bob Chandler)
(Rafael Munoz Oretga, Victor Villa)
|Local radio||KFMB (AM)
(Bob Chandler, Jerry Coleman, Rick Monday, Ted Leitner)
(Mario Thomas Zapiain, Santos Perez, Eduardo Ortega)
|Previous season Next season|
- November 20, 1991: Derek Lilliquist was selected off waivers from the Padres by the Cleveland Indians.
- December 8, 1991: Bip Roberts and a player to be named later were traded by the Padres to the Cincinnati Reds for Randy Myers. The Padres completed the trade by sending Craig Pueschner (minors) to the Reds on December 9.
- December 11, 1991: Steve Rosenberg was traded by the Padres to the New York Mets for Jeff Gardner.
- January 8, 1992: Tim Teufel was signed as a free agent by the Padres.
- March 26, 1992: Ricky Bones, José Valentín, and Matt Mieske were traded by the Padres to the Milwaukee Brewers for Gary Sheffield and Geoff Kellogg (minors).
Regular season 
All-Star game 
The 1992 Major League Baseball All-Star Game was the 63rd playing of the midsummer classic between the all-stars of the American League (AL) and National League (NL). The game was held on July 14, 1992 at Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego, California. The game resulted in the American League defeating the National League 13-6.
Opening Day starters 
Season standings 
|San Diego Padres||82||80||16.0||.506|
|San Francisco Giants||72||90||26.0||.444|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||63||99||35.0||.389|
Notable transactions 
- June 1, 1992: Todd Helton was drafted by the Padres in the 2nd round of the 1992 Major League Baseball Draft, but did not sign.
- July 6, 1992: Scott Coolbaugh was traded by the Padres to the Cincinnati Reds for Lenny Wentz (minors).
|1992 San Diego Padres|
Player stats 
|= Indicates team leader|
Starters by position 
Note: Pos = position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
Other batters 
Starting pitchers 
Relief pitchers 
Award winners 
- Fred McGriff, National League Home Run Champion (35)
- Gary Sheffield, National League Batting Champion, .330
Farm system 
LEAGUE CHAMPIONS: Wichita
- Derek Lilliquist page at Baseball Reference
- Randy Myers page at Baseball Reference
- Jeff Gardner page at Baseball Reference
- Tim Teufel page at Baseball Reference
- Gary Sheffield page at Baseball Reference
- Todd Helton page at Baseball Reference
- Scott Coolbaugh page at Baseball Reference
- 1992 San Diego Padres Statistics and Roster - Baseball-Reference.com
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 2nd and 3rd editions. Durham, N.C.: Baseball America, 1997 and 2007
- 1992 San Diego Padres team page at Baseball Reference
- 1992 San Diego Padres team page at Baseball Almanac