1992 in Japan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2007)|
|See also:||Other events of 1992
List of years in Japan
Events in the year 1992 in Japan.
- Emperor: Akihito
- Prime Minister: Kiichi Miyazawa (L–Hiroshima)
- Chief Cabinet Secretary: Kōichi Katō (L–Yamagata) until December 12, Yōhei Kōno (L–Kanagawa)
- Chief Justice of the Supreme Court: Ryōhachi Kusaba
- President of the House of Representatives: Yoshio Sakurauchi (L–Shimane)
- President of the House of Councillors: Yūji Osada (L–proportional) until July 9, Bunbē Hara (L–Tokyo) from August 7
- Diet sessions: 123rd (regular, January 24 to June 21), 124th (extraordinary, August 7 to August 11), 125th (extraordinary, October 30 to December 10)
- January 8: US President George H. W. Bush vomits in Prime Minister Miyazawa's lap during a state dinner.
- March 7: Sailor Moon anime series starts on TV Asahi.
- March 14: Nozomi services begin on the Tokaido Shinkansen.
- March 25: Huis ten Bosch opens in Nagasaki Prefecture.
- April 1: Chiba City is divided into wards.
- April 1: Taiyo Kobe Mitsui Bank renames itself to Sakura Bank.
- May 2: Civil servants are granted a two-day weekend for the first time.
- May 22: Japan New Party founded.
- July 1: Yamagata Shinkansen opens.
- July 26: In upper house elections, the LDP holds on to a slim coalition majority.
- October 14: Liberal Democratic Party member Shin Kanemaru resigns over the receipt of illegal payments from Sagawa Express.
- October 23: Emperor Akihito visits the People's Republic of China for the first time.
- October 29–November 8: Finals of the 1992 AFC Asian Cup held in Japan. The Japan national football team defeat the defending champions, Saudi Arabia, in the final in Hiroshima.
- January 6: Hiroya, kickboxer
- January 12: Mao Kobayashi, idol
- February 1: Mao Ichimichi, actress
- February 7: Maimi Yajima, singer
- February 26: Ai Shinozaki, gravure idol and singer
- March 6: Momoko Tsugunaga, singer
- April 13: Daichi Hashimoto, professional wrestler
- April 25: Kyosuke Ikeda, actor and voice actor
- May 1: You Kikkawa, singer
- May 22: Chinami Tokunaga, J-pop singer
- July 3: Maasa Sudo, singer
- July 12: Anna Ishibashi, model and actress
- July 15: Koharu Kusumi, J-pop singer, voice actress, and model
- August 23: Yuka Kono, figure skater
- August 25: Miyabi Natsuyaki, singer
- September 3: Sachie Ishizu, tennis player
- September 7: Suzuka Morita, model and actress
- September 28: Koko Tsurumi, artistic gymnast
- October 3: Aina Hashimoto, singer, actress and voice actress
- October 4: Shun Miyazato, actor and voice actor
- October 5: Hirotaka Chiba, actor and voice actor
- October 19: Shiho, actress and model
- November 20: Maiha Ishimura, singer
- December 14: Ryo Miyaichi, footballer
- April 25: Yutaka Ozaki, songwriter and rock star
- May 24: Hitoshi Ogawa, racing car driver
- May 27: Machiko Hasegawa, illustrator
- May 29: Yoshitoshi Mori, artist
- June 8: Sakae Ōba, officer of the Imperial Japanese Army
- August 4: Seicho Matsumoto, author
- August 12: Kenji Nakagami, author
- September 5: Yasuji Mori, animator
- Yen value: US$1 = ¥111.85 (December 31)