1992 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1982 . 1983 . 1984 . 1985 . 1986 . 1987 . 1988 ...
1989 1990 1991 -1992- 1993 1994 1995
... 1996 . 1997 . 1998 . 1999 . 2000 . 2001 . 2002 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1992 in architecture involved some significant events.
- October 31 : Kunsthal in Rotterdam, designed by Rem Koolhaas is opened.
- specific date not listed:
- The Bank of America Corporate Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, United States is completed.
- Collserola Tower in Barcelona, designed by Norman Foster, is completed.
- Supreme Court of Israel in Jerusalem, designed by Ram Karmi and his sister Ada Karmi-Melamede, is opened.
- Central Radio and TV Tower in Beijing, China is completed.
- Central Plaza in Hong Kong, China is completed.
- Bank of America Plaza in Atlanta, Georgia, United States is completed.
- Construction of the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia, United States, is completed.
- The GLG Grand in Atlanta, Georgia, United States, is completed.
- SunTrust Plaza in Atlanta, Georgia, United States, is completed.
- The 225 South Sixth tower in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, is completed.
- The Telemax television tower in Hanover, Germany is completed.
- United Overseas Bank Plaza One in Singapore is completed.
- Goetz Collection, Munich, by Herzog & de Meuron.
- The Ark, London, designed by Ralph Erskine, is completed.
- Fountains Abbey Visitor Centre, England, by Edward Cullinan Architects, is completed.
- The Zizkov Television Tower in Prague, Czech Republic, is completed.
- AIA Gold Medal - Kevin Roche
- Alvar Aalto Medal – Glenn Murcutt
- Architecture Firm Award - James Stewart Polshek and Partners.
- European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture (Mies van der Rohe Prize) – Esteve Bonell and Francesc Rius for Municipal Sports Stadium, Barcelona.
- Grand Prix de l'urbanisme - Antoine Grumbach.
- Grand prix national de l'architecture - Christian de Portzamparc.
- Praemium Imperiale Architecture Laureate – Frank Gehry
- Pritzker Prize - Alvaro Siza.
- RAIA Gold Medal - Glenn Murcutt.
- Royal Gold Medal - Peter Rice.
- Twenty-five Year Award - Salk Institute for Biological Studies.
- James Stirling (born 1926)