1992 in the Philippines
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in the Philippines:||1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995|
|Centuries:||19th century · 20th century · 21st century|
|Decades:||1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s|
|Years:||1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995|
1992 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in the year 1992.
- President: Corazon Aquino to June 30 Fidel V. Ramos
- Vice President: Salvador Laurel to June 30 Joseph Estrada
- Senate President: Neptali Gonzales
- House Speaker: Ramon Mitra, Jr.
- Chief Justice: Andres Narvasa
- February 21 - Associated Broadcasting Company resumed its radio-television operations.
- May 11 - Synchronized national and local elections were held.
- May 30 - The first launched of Southern Broadcasting Network local UHF TV station in Metro Manila starting 1992. It was then known as World TV 21. (now Solar Television Network as ETC).
- June 30 - Former Defense Secretary Fidel V. Ramos and Former Vice President Joseph Estrada and was sworn in as the 12th President and 11th Vice President of The Philippines, succeeding Corazon Aquino and Salvador Laurel.
- July 25 - August 9 - The Philippines competed at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona, Spain. 26 competitors, 24 men and 2 women, took part in 29 events in 9 sports. Stephen Fernandez and Beatriz Lucero won a bronze medal each in taekwondo, but their medals were not included in the official medal tally because taekwondo was only a demonstration event.
- 18th Metro Manila Film Festival
- Boy Recto
- Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal
- Takbo Talon Tili!
- Shake, Rattle & Roll IV
- Manila Boy
- Okey Ka Fairy Ko!
- January 2 - Alden Richards, actor
- February 4 - Francis Casey Alcantara, top-level tennis player
- April 10 - Marion Aunor, singer and recording artist
- May 9 - Jiro Manio, actor
- May 10
- June 30 - Alfred Labatos, actor
- July 9 - Jhake Vargas, actor and singer
- July 27 - Johansen Aguilar, swimmer
- September 9 - Frencheska Farr, singer, model and actress
- October 17 - Sam Concepcion, singer, dancer, actor, host and model
- November 25 - Martin del Rosario, actor
- February 9 - Apeng Daldal, 63, actor, comedian, vaudevillian, singer and writer (born October 12, 1928)
- February 14 - Helen Vela, 46, actress, broadcaster (born October 31, 1946)
- March 22 - Joe Cantada, 50, TV host, anchor and commentator (born March 15, 1983)
- December 2 - Jaime de la Rosa, 71, pre-war and postwar actor (born September 18, 1921)
- "Philippines at the 1992 Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2011-12-26.
|This Philippines-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|