1993 San Diego Padres season
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1993 San Diego Padres
|Major league affiliations|
Cox Cable(Jerry Coleman, Ted Leitner, Bob Chandler)
(Rafael Munoz Oretga, Victor Villa Silvas)
|Local radio||KFMB (AM)
(Bob Chandler, Jerry Coleman, Ted Leitner)
(Mario Thomas Zapiain, Matias Santos, Eduardo Ortega)
|Previous season Next season|
- October 8, 1992: Phil Stephenson was released by the Padres.
- October 26, 1992: Tony Fernández was traded by the Padres to the New York Mets for Wally Whitehurst, D. J. Dozier, and a player to be named later. The Mets completed the deal by sending Raul Casanova to the Padres on December 7.
- November 20, 1992: Jarvis Brown was signed as a free agent by the Padres.
- December 2, 1992: Bob Geren was signed as a free agent by the Padres.
- December 9, 1992: José Meléndez was traded by the Padres to the Boston Red Sox for Phil Plantier.
- December 10, 1992: Jim Pena was traded by the San Francisco Giants to the San Diego Padres for Paul Faries.
- December 17, 1992: Roger Mason was traded by the New York Mets with Mike Freitas (minors) to the San Diego Padres for Mike Maddux.
- March 30, 1993: Darrin Jackson was traded by the Padres to the Toronto Blue Jays for Derek Bell.
Opening Day starters
- Derek Bell
- Tony Gwynn
- Greg Harris
- Fred McGriff
- Phil Plantier
- Gary Sheffield
- Craig Shipley
- Tim Teufel
- Dan Walters
|San Francisco Giants||103||59||1.0||.636|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||81||81||23.0||.500|
|San Diego Padres||61||101||43.0||.377|
- June 1, 1993: Jeremy Hernandez was traded by the Padres to the Cleveland Indians for Fernando Hernández and Tracy Sanders (minors).
- June 3, 1993: Derrek Lee was drafted by the Padres in the 1st round (14th pick) of the 1993 Major League Baseball Draft. Player signed July 20, 1993.
- June 23, 1993: Tim Scott was traded by the Padres to the Montreal Expos for Archi Cianfrocco.
- June 24, 1993: Gary Sheffield and Rich Rodriguez were traded by the Padres to the Florida Marlins for Trevor Hoffman, José Martínez, and Andres Berumen.
- July 3, 1993: Roger Mason was traded by the Padres to the Philadelphia Phillies for Tim Mauser.
- July 10, 1993: Mark Davis was signed as a free agent by the Padres.
- July 18, 1993: Fred McGriff was traded by the Padres to the Atlanta Braves for Melvin Nieves, Donnie Elliott, and Vince Moore (minors).
- July 26, 1993: Bruce Hurst and Greg Harris were traded by the Padres to the Colorado Rockies for Brad Ausmus, Doug Bochtler and a player to be named later. The Rockies completed the deal by sending Andy Ashby to the Padres on July 27.
|1993 San Diego Padres|
|= Indicates team leader|
Starters by position
Note: G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
- Phil Stephenson page at Baseball Reference
- Wally Whitehurst page at Baseball Reference
- Jarvis Brown page at Baseball Reference
- Bob Geren page at Baseball Reference
- Phil Plantier page at Baseball Reference
- Darrin Jackson page at Baseball Reference
- Jeremy Hernandez page at Baseball Reference
- Derrek Lee page at Baseball Reference
- Archi Cianfrocco page at Baseball Reference
- Gary Sheffield page at Baseball Reference
- Tim Mauser page at Baseball Reference
- Mark Davis page at Baseball Reference
- Melvin Nieves page at Baseball Reference
- Bruce Hurst page at Baseball Reference
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 2nd and 3rd editions. Durham, N.C.: Baseball America, 1997 and 2007
- 1993 San Diego Padres team page at Baseball Reference
- 1993 San Diego Padres team page at Baseball Almanac