1993 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1993 in the Republic of India.
- 9 March - The All Parties Hurriyat Conference is formed in Kashmir.
- 12 March - A series of bomb blasts, thought to be planted by underworld figures, rock the country's commercial capital of Bombay, killing some 260 people. (See 1993 Mumbai bombings.)
- 9 April – Veerappan Gang Trapped and blew a Tamil Nadu bus carrying police, forest officials and civilians, using a landmine, which killed 22 civilians and police and this incident is known as Palar blast.
- 24 May : Veerappan and His gang Killed 6 policemen K.M.Uthappa, Prabhakara, Poovaiah, Machaiah, Swamy and Narasappa of STF commander Gopal Hosur's party and injured the police commander near Rangaswamy vaddu, M.M.Hills, Karnataka.
- 30 September – An earthquake centered in Killari, Maharashtra, kills over 10,000.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav elected chief minister of Uttar Pradesh for the second time.
- 23 April - Akrit Jaswal, child physician.
- 5 April - Divya Bharti, actress (born 1974).
- 3 August - Chinmayananda, spiritual leader (born 1916).
- 19 August - Utpal Dutt, actor, director and writer (born 1929).
- 29 November - J. R. D. Tata a French-born Indian aviator and businessman who became India's first licensed pilot (birth 1904).