1994 in the Philippines
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in the Philippines:||1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997|
|Centuries:||19th century · 20th century · 21st century|
|Decades:||1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s|
|Years:||1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997|
1994 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in the year 1994.
- President: Fidel Ramos
- Vice President: Joseph Estrada
- Senate President: Edgardo Angara
- House Speaker: Jose de Venecia, Jr.
- Chief Justice: Andres Narvasa
- May 21 - Miss Universe 1994, the 43rd Miss Universe pageant, was held in Manila. Outgoing Miss Universe Dayanara Torres of Puerto Rico crowned the pageant winner, Sushmita Sen of India.
- October 2-16 - The Philippines participated in the 1994 Asian Games held in Hiroshima, Japan from October 2 to October 16, 1994. Ranked 14th with 3 gold medals, 2 silver medals and 8 bronze medals with a total of 13 over-all medals.
- December 11 - A small bomb explodes on Philippine Airlines Flight 434, killing a Japanese businessman. The bombing was a field test done by Ramzi Yousef to test explosives that would have been used in Project Bojinka.
Main article: 1994 in Philippine television
- January 11 -Ritz Azul, actress
- March 21 - Jeron Teng, basketball player
- April 27 Elmo Magalona, actor and singer
- May 17 Julie Anne San Jose, actress and singer
- June 13 - Hopia Legaspi, actress
- June 21 - Mika Aereen Reyes, volleyball player
- November 20 Kristofer Martin,
- December 30 Kristel Fulgar, actress
- September 6: Louie Beltran - journalist, columnist
|This Philippines-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|