1995 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events in the year 1995 in the Republic of India.
- 5 March - Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited founded.
- 21 September - Reports of the Hindu milk miracle surface.
- 23 December - Nearly 425 people die when a blaze rips through a school prize-giving ceremony in the northern town of Dabwali in Haryana state, near the Indian capital.
- 20 October - Hindi movie Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge released the longest running Hindi movie.
- 31 August - Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh is assassinated.
- India joins the World Trade Organisation (WTO) which has replaced GATT.
- 1 November - Ishaan Khattar, actor
- 10 April - Morarji Desai, independence activist and 6th Prime Minister of India (born 1896).
- 21 August - Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, astrophysicist and joint Nobel Prize in Physics winner (born 1910).
 See also