1997 Tickford 500
The 1997 Tickford 500 was an endurance motor race for V8 Supercars. It was held on 14 September 1997 at the Sandown Raceway  in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, and was the 32nd running of the Sandown 500.
The fastest lap in qualifying was set by Mark Skaife at 1:11.3142.
Top ten shootout
The race was started in the rain under the control of the safety car. The weather conditions resulted in a slower than expected average speed and the race did not run to its full 161 lap distance, being halted on lap 157 after 3 hours 45 minutes and 22.3508 seconds.
- Pole Position: Mark Skaife 
- Fastest race lap: Mark Skaife – 1:17.4932 on lap 101 
- Race time of winning car: 3h 45:22.3508 
- History Repeats, Australian Auto Action, 19-25 September 1997, page 46
- Tickford 500 Entry, Australian Auto Action, 12-18 September 1997, page 4
- V8 Bathurst 1997, page 27
- Entry List in Australian Auto Action shows Trimbole and Mezera in a VS Commodore, Results in Australian Auto Action show VP Commodore, image at www.biante.com.au shows it was not a VP Commodore
- www.biante.com.au page containing image of Trimbole/Mezera Commodore at 1997 Tickford 500 Retrieved on 1 May 2012
1996 Tickford 500
1998 Tickford 500