1997 in Ghana
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Years in Ghana:||1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000|
|Centuries:||19th century · 20th century · 21st century|
|Decades:||1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s|
|Years:||1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000|
1997 in Ghana details events of note that happened in Ghana in the year 1997.
- 3 October - Ghana Bar Association (GBA) re-elects Mr. Sam Okudzeto as its national president at a conference in Ho in the Volta region.
- 8 October - Ghana marks World Disaster Day.
- Annual Farmers' Day celebrations held in all regions of the country.
- 17 January - Susanna Al-Hassan, politician and writer, Ghana's first female parliamentary minister (born 1927)
- 30 November - Shamo Quaye, footballer (born 1971)
- January 1: New Year's Day
- March 6: Independence Day
- May 1: Labor Day
- December 25: Christmas
- December 26: Boxing day
In addition, several other places observe local holidays, such as the foundation of their town. These are also "special days."
- "Sam Okudzeto Re-elected President Of Ghana Bar Association". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- "Ghana To Mark World Disaster Day". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- "Socio-cultural implications for women and leadership". Cultural News. National Commission on Culture. 2007-05-17. Retrieved 2010-06-05.