1998–99 Connecticut Huskies men's basketball team
|1998–99 Connecticut Huskies men's basketball|
Big East Regular Season Champions
Big East Tournament Champions
|Conference||Big East Conference (1979–2013)|
|1998–99 record||34–2 (16–2 Big East)|
|Head coach||Jim Calhoun|
|Assistant coach||Tom Moore|
|Assistant coach||Dave Leitao|
|Home arena||Harry A. Gampel Pavilion
Hartford Civic Center
|1998–99 Big East men's basketball standings|
|#9 St. John's||14||–||4||.778||28||–||9||.757|
|† 1999 Big East Tournament winner
As of March 29, 1999; Rankings from AP Poll
The 1998–1999 Connecticut Huskies men's basketball team represented the University of Connecticut in the 1998–1999 NCAA Division I basketball season. Coached by Jim Calhoun, the Huskies played their home games at the Hartford Civic Center in Hartford, Connecticut, and on campus at the Harry A. Gampel Pavilion in Storrs, Connecticut, and are a member of the Big East Conference. They won their fourth Big East tournament. On March 29, 1999, they claimed their first national championship by defeating Duke, 77–74.
NCAA basketball tournament
- West Regional
- Connecticut 91, UTSA 66
- Connecticut 78, New Mexico 56
- Connecticut 78, Iowa 68
- Connecticut 67, Gonzaga 62
- Final Four
- Connecticut 64, Ohio State 58
- Connecticut 77, Duke 74
Awards and honors
Team players drafted into the NBA
|1999||1||7||Richard Hamilton||Washington Wizards|
|2000||2||33||Jake Voskuhl||Chicago Bulls|
|2000||2||34||Khalid El-Amin||Chicago Bulls|
- "1999 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket". Databasesports.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "Final Four Most Outstanding Players". cbs.sportsline.com. Retrieved 31 March 2008.
- "1999 NBA Draft on". Databasebasketball.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "2000 NBA Draft on". Databasebasketball.com. Retrieved 2013-08-15.