The 1999 International League season took place from April to September 1999.
The Charlotte Knights defeated the Durham Bulls to win the league championship.
- Buffalo Bisons - 684,051
- Charlotte Knights - 353,303
- Columbus Clippers - 463,874
- Durham Bulls - 474,494
- Indianapolis Indians - 658,250
- Louisville Bats - 361,419
- Norfolk Tides - 486,727
- Ottawa Lynx - 195,979
- Pawtucket Red Sox - 596,624
- Richmond Braves - 523,670
- Rochester Red Wings - 481,039
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons - 458,122
- Syracuse Chiefs - 446,025
- Toledo Mud Hens - 295,173
The North Division Scranton Red Barons (78-66) faced the IL Wild Card the Charlotte Knights (82-62). Charlotte defeated Scranton.
The South Division Champion Durham Bulls (83-60) faced the West Division Champion Columbus Clippers (83-58). Durham defeated Columbus.
Charlotte defeated Durham 3 games to 1.
Charlotte faced the PCL Champions the (Vancouver Canadians) from the Pacific Coast League in the Triple-A World Series. Vancouver won the Series 3 games to 2.