Events in the year 1999 in Israel.
The most prominent events related to the Israeli–Palestinian conflict which occurred during 1999 include:
Notable Palestinian militant operations against Israeli targets
||This section requires expansion. (August 2010)
The most prominent Palestinian militant acts and operations committed against Israeli targets during 1999 include:
Notable Israeli military operations against Palestinian militancy targets
||This section requires expansion. (October 2010)
The most prominent Israeli military counter-terrorism operations (military campaigns and military operations) carried out against Palestinian militants during 1999 include:
- 28 February – Erez Gerstein (b. 1960), commander of the Golani Brigade and Lebanon Liaison Unit, killed from a roadside bomb in Lebanon.
- 27 March – Nahum Stelmach (b. 1936), Israeli footballer and manager.
- 20 April – Bethsabée de Rothschild (b. 1914), British-born Israeli-French philanthropist.
- 18 July – Meir Ariel (b. 1942), Israeli singer.
- 18 August – Hanoch Levin (b. 1943), Israeli playwright, theater director, poet and writer.
- 1 October – Ted Arison (b. 1924), Israeli-American businessman.
- 15 October – Yosef Burg (b. 1909), German-born Israeli politician and Rabbi.
- Full date unknown
Major public holidays
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)