Members of the 19th Dáil
This is a list of the members who were elected to the 19th Dáil Éireann, the lower house of the Oireachtas (legislature) of Ireland. These TDs (Members of Parliament) were elected at the 1969 general election on 18 June 1969 and met on 2 July 1969. The 19th Dáil was dissolved by President Éamon de Valera, at the request of the Taoiseach Jack Lynch on 5 February 1973. The 19th Dáil lasted 1,351 days.
Composition of the 19th Dáil
|Party||June 1969||Feb. 1973|
Government party denoted with bullet (•)
This is a graphical comparison of party strengths in the 19th Dáil from July 1969.
- Note that this was not the official seating plan.
TDs by constituency
The list of the 144 TDs elected, is given in alphabetical order by constituency.
|4 March 1970||Dublin South–West||Fianna Fáil||Labour Party||Seán Sherwin (FF) wins the seat vacated by the death of Seán Dunne (Lab)|
|14 April 1970||Kildare||Fine Gael||Fine Gael||Patrick Malone (FG) holds the seat vacated by the death of Gerard Sweetman (FG)|
|14 April 1970||Longford–Westmeath||Fine Gael||Fianna Fáil||Patrick Cooney (FG) wins the seat vacated by the death of Patrick Lenihan (FF)|
|2 December 1970||Donegal–Leitrim||Fianna Fáil||Fine Gael||Patrick Delap (FF) wins the seat vacated by the death of Patrick O'Donnell (FG)|
|2 December 1970||Dublin County South||Fine Gael||Fianna Fáil||Larry McMahon (FG) wins the seat vacated by the resignation of Kevin Boland (FF)|
|2 August 1970||Cork Mid||Fianna Fáil||Fianna Fáil||Gene Fitzgerald (FF) holds the seat vacated by the death of Paddy Forde (FF)|
|19 September 1971||Dublin South–West||Aontacht Éireann||Fianna Fáil||Seán Sherwin switches party|
|26 June 1972||Donegal North–East||Independent Fianna Fáil||Fianna Fáil||Neil Blaney expelled|
- Government of the 19th Dáil
- Parliamentary Secretaries of the 19th Dáil
- Members of the 12th Seanad
- Parliamentary constituencies in the Republic of Ireland
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)|
- Kilfeather, Frank (17 September 1971). "T.D. to resign from Fianna Fáil and join Boland's new party". The Irish Times. p. 1. Retrieved 22 June 2009.
- McInerney, Michael (27 June 1972). "Blaney expelled from Fianna Fáil: decisive majority vote". The Irish Times. p. 9. Retrieved 19 June 2009.