|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
1 Utama Shopping Mall
|Location||Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia|
|Developer||Bandar Utama City Centre Sdn Bhd|
|Management||Bandar Utama City Centre Sdn Bhd|
|Owner||Bandar Utama City Centre Sdn Bhd|
|No. of stores and services||700+|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||465,000 m²|
|No. of floors||6|
1 Utama Shopping Centre is situated in Bandar Utama Damansara, a township in the north of Petaling Jaya, Selangor and is also adjacent to the Taman Tun Dr Ismail township in Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia. Its gross built-up area totals 5,000,000 square feet (465,000 m²). It is the largest shopping mall in Malaysia and the fourth largest in the world.
Following the expiration of the management contract of Phase 1,
- Phase 1 (Old Wing)
- Phase 2 (New Wing)
1 Utama receives roughly 60,000 to 90,000 visitors every weekday, and as many as 120,000 on weekends according to the management. Its occupancy rate is 98%. a
1 Utama was named "Shopping Complex of the Year" at the Retail World Excellence Awards 2006/07. In 2006, 1 First Avenue, a 30-storey corporate office tower (occupied by IBM, Schlumberger and KPMG) was completed and the 428-room 5-star One World Hotel attached to the mall opened the following year.
Notes and references
- "About us". 1 Utama official site. Archived from the original on 2012-02-23. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- Emporis: 1 Utama Shopping Centre
- "Aeon capitalises on regional expansion for ongoing growth". The Borneo Post. Archived from the original on 2012-02-23. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- Gomez, Jennifer (May 11, 2006). "Many firsts for 1Utama", p. 22. The Sun (Malaysia).
- Yap, Kenny (March 20, 2006). "1 Utama wins platinum award", p. 21. The Sun (Malaysia).