|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
1 Utama Shopping Mall
|Location||Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia|
|Developer||Bandar Utama City Centre Sdn Bhd|
|Management||Bandar Utama City Centre Sdn Bhd|
|Owner||Bandar Utama City Centre Sdn Bhd|
|No. of stores and services||700+|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||465,000 m²|
|No. of floors||6|
1 Utama Shopping Centre is situated in Bandar Utama Damansara, a township in the north of Petaling Jaya, Selangor and is also adjacent to the Taman Tun Dr Ismail township in Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia. Its gross built-up area totals 5,000,000 square feet (465,000 m²). It is the largest shopping mall in Malaysia and the fourth largest in the world.
Following the expiration of the management contract of Phase 1, AEON closed its One Utama outlet for eight months before re-opening while Bandar Utama, owner of One Utama takes over the management for Phase 1.
1 Utama receives roughly 60,000 to 90,000 visitors every weekday, and as many as 120,000 on weekends according to the management. Its occupancy rate is 98%.
1 Utama was named "Shopping Complex of the Year" at the Retail World Excellence Awards 2006/07. In 2006, 1 First Avenue, a 30-storey corporate office tower (occupied by IBM, Schlumberger and KPMG) was completed and the 428-room 5-star One World Hotel attached to the mall opened the following year.
Notes and references
- "About us". 1 Utama official site. Archived from the original on 2012-02-23. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- Emporis: 1 Utama Shopping Centre
- "Aeon capitalises on regional expansion for ongoing growth". The Borneo Post. Archived from the original on 2012-02-23. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- Gomez, Jennifer (May 11, 2006). "Many firsts for 1Utama", p. 22. The Sun (Malaysia).
- Yap, Kenny (March 20, 2006). "1 Utama wins platinum award", p. 21. The Sun (Malaysia).