1st Guards Bomber Aviation Division
|This article is a rough translation from Russian. It may have been generated by a computer or by a translator without dual proficiency.
If you have just labeled this page as needing attention, please add
to the bottom of the WP:PNTCU section on Wikipedia:Pages needing translation into English.
The 1st Guards Bomber Aviation Division (Russian: 1-я гвардейская бомбардировочная Сталинградская ордена Ленина дважды Краснознаменная орденов Суворова и Кутузова авиационная дивизия) was an Aviation Division of the Soviet Air Force.
The 1st Guards Bomber Aviation Division was initially formed as the 226th Assault Aviation Division as part of the 8th Air Army in May 1942. The 8th Air Army was supporting the Southwestern Front (Soviet Union) as it battled the German advance as part of Operation Blau.
On 18 March 1943 the division was renamed the 1st Guards Assault Aviation Division. By this time 8th Air Army was part of Southern Front and included the 2 сак (201 иад, 214 шад), 10 сак (206, 287 иад, 289 шад), 1 Guards ShaD (1 гв шад), 270th Bomber Aviation Division (270 бад), 2 гв. нбад, 6 гв. иад, 8 рап, 406 лбап, and the 678 трап.
Organisation in May 1945 (Ketrzyn, Poland):
- 74th Guards Assault Aviation Regiment with Il-2
- 75th Guards Assault Aviation Regiment with Il-10
- 76th Guards Assault Aviation Regiment with Il-2
- 136th Guards Assault Aviation Regiment with Il-2
The 76th Guards Assault Aviation Regiment was disbanded in April 1947.
1957 renamed 1st Guards Fighter-Bomber Aviation Division (1st IBAD, from 11 November 1976 1st ADIB).
- 136th Guards Fighter-Bomber Aviation Regiment (?) with MiG-15
- 686th Guards Fighter-Bomber Aviation Regiment (Lida, Grodno Region) with MiG-15
- ?th Guards Fighter-Bomber Aviation Regiment (?) with MiG-15
- 911th Fighter-Bomber Aviation Regiment (Lida, Grodno Region) with MiG-17
- 940th Fighter-Bomber Aviation Regiment (Postavy, Vitebsk Oblast) with MiG-17
- 953rd Fighter-Bomber Aviation Regiment (Bobrovichi, Gomel Oblast) with Su-7
The division was renamed the 1st Guards Bomber Aviation Division in 1989.
- 116th Guards Bomber Aviation Regiment (Ross, Grodno Region) with Su-24 - January 1992 taken over by the Belarus Air Force. October 1993 renamed 116th Guards Bomber Aviation Base, and in July 1994 116th Guards Bomber-Reconnaissance Aviation Base - disbanded August 2010.
- 305th Bomber Aviation Regiment (Postavy, Vitebsk Oblast) with Su-24 - withdrawn to Krasnodar, Krasnodar Krai, in 1993, and disbanded
- 497th Bomber Aviation Regiment (Lida, Grodno Region) with Su-24 - withdrawn to Krasnodar, Krasnodar Krai, in 1993, and disbanded
- Michael Holm, 1st Guards Bomber Aviation Division, accessed September 2011, lists the formation as the 266th ShAD, but this appears to be a mistake.
- BSSA, http://www.tashv.nm.ru/BoevojSostavSA/1943/19430401.html, 1 April 1943
- 'Sharing out the remnants of Soviet aviation', Jane's Defence Weekly, 17 April 1993