1st Hum Awards
|1st Hum Awards|
The promotional logo of the Service
1st Hum Awards, 2013
|Date||April 28, 2013(recorded)|
|Site||Expo Center, Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan.|
|Producer||Nazeer S. Janjua|
|Director||M. Nadeem J
Hum Network Limited
|Most awards||Meray Qatil Meray Dildar (3),
|Most nominations||Meray Qatil Meray Dildar (10)|
|Duration||2 hours, 30 minutes (approx.)|
The 1st Servis Hum Awards Ceremony (referred to as Hum Awards) presented by the Hum Television Network and Entertainment Channel (HTNEC), sponsored by Servis, Telenor and co-sponsored by Nokia Lumia, to honored the best dramas of 2012 of its own Channel Hum and to Fashion, Music. Ceremony took place April 28, 2013 (recorded), at the Expo Center in Karachi, Sindh beginning at PM/IST 8:00 p.m. During the ceremony, the Hum Channel presented Awards in 32 categories. The ceremony was televised in the Pakistan by Hum TV. Ceremony hosted and co-hosted by Actor's Mikaal Zulfiqar, Mahira Khan and Vasay Chaudhry for the first time.
Shehr-e-Zaat won three awards including Best Drama Serial for Momina Duraid & Humayun Saeed. Mere Qatil Mere Dildar won three awards, including Best Supporting Actress for Shagufta Ejaz. Sanjha won two awards including Best Director for Farooq Rind. Humsafar also won two awards. Other winners were Bari Aapa, Raju Rocket, Nikhar Gaye Gulab Sare, Fun Khana, Extras (The Mango People), Mujhay Roothnay Na Daina, Kitni Girhain Baqi Hain, Maat, Dastaan with one award each.
Mahira Khan won the Best Actress award for her role in Shehr-e-Zaat. Noman Ejaz won Best Actor for portraying the promising character in Bari Aapa. The telecast garnered about Millions of people. (in Punjab and Sindh).
- 1 Winners and nominees
- 2 Honorary Hum Awards
- 3 Multiple awards and nominations
- 4 Presenters and performers
- 5 Ceremony Information
- 6 Controversies
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Winners and nominees
The nominees for the 1st Hum Awards were announced on March 12, 2013, through the official website of HUM TV and rest by Mikaal Zulfiqar Host of 1st Annual Hum Awards, and actress Mahira Khan.In addition, Mikaal and Mahira were in the uncommon position of co-hosting the event as they themselves were nominated for an Hum Award (For Best Actor and Best Actress). Seven categories were set to be open for voting by viewers. Show is sponsored by Servis. The drama receiving the most nomination was Meray Qatil Meray Dildar followed by Maat, Roshan Sitara and Shehr-e-Zaat.
The winners were announced during the awards ceremony on April 28, 2013. Shehr-e-Zaat become the first winner of Drama Serial category. Momina Duraid Won two Awards for producing dramas/soaps/sitcoms. Farooq Rind won Best Director Drama Serial, while Sanjha was one of the drama series which was not included in Best Drama Serial category. Noman Ejaz and Mahira Khan bags the Awards for Best Actor & Best Actress respectively and become the pioneer of these categories. As of first ceremony Best Supporting Actress category marked the first occurrence of a tie, ultimately Shagufta Ejaz for Mere Qatil Mere Dildaar and Samina Peerzada for Roshan Sitara.
Winners are listed first and highlighted in boldface.
|Best Solo Artist||Best Music Video|
|Best Model Male||Best Model Female|
|Best Designer Menswear||Best Designer Womenswear|
Honorary Hum Awards
Hum Presents its honorary awards in TV and Music categories to Pakistani famous artist relevant to their category.
- Moin Akhtar for his phenomenal contribution to Pakistani TV industry.
- Nayyer Kamal, Zaheen Tahira, Munawer saeed, Badar Khalil, Qazi Wajid, Qavi Khan, Talat Hussain, Anwar Maqsood, Shakeel and Abid Ali for their contribution to Pakistan Television for decades.
- Ustad Rais Khan for his phenomenal Achievement in Music.
- Dastaan - Razia Butt (Novel Writer) (Posthumous Award), Momina Duraid (Producer), Haissam Hussain (Director) and Samira Fazal (Script Writer), for critical success and global achievement.
- Humsafar - Momina Duraid, Farhat Ishtiaq, Sarmad Khoosat, Mahira Khan, Fawad Khan, Atiqa Odho, Naveen Waqar, Hina Khawaja Bayat, Qaiser Naqvi, Saba Faisal, Sara Kashif, Noor Hassan Rizvi, Qurat-ul-Ain Balouch, Waqar Ali, Naseer Turabi, Shehzad Kashmiri and Tanveer.
Multiple awards and nominations
Dramas with multiple awards
The following four dramas received multiple awards:
Individuals with multiple awards
The following two individuals won multiple awards:
Presenters and performers
The following individuals presented awards or performed musical numbers.
1st Hum Awards took place on 12 March 2013, but telecasted after 1 month and 16 days on 28 April 2013, due to hum decision and channel resources.
Voting Trend and Summary
Voting system of 1st Hum awards was very different, 7 out of 32 categories were set to open for public to cast votes to their favorite one. 2 categories from Fashion, 1 category from Music and 3 categories from Television were open publicly on channels official website for votes, rest of the awards were given by jury and drama critics.
Ceremony received criticism on cultural grounds, most of the viewers were disappointed as third fourth of the ceremony was totally based on Indian culture, artist performed mostly on Indian songs, rather than at Pakistani songs. Moreover the ceremony host face criticism for their lacking jokes and uphill entertainment.
Rating and Reception
When hum awards just announced to be launched soon though when, people were so eager to watch first of its kind awards in Pakistan. Since Pakistan had been irregular in appreciating its artists, the award ceremonies are the source of motivation and acknowledgment of its artists work. When Hum awards were gone onair it receives critical acclaimed by both viewers and by critics in Pakistan, as it is first of its kind awards, ever held by in Pakistan media industry. Audience response towards nominations were quite negative and disappointing, for nominations it received most critical reception as compare to others/ Ceremony garnered a huge reception by viewers from Pakistan specially from Punjab and Sindh.
The biggest controversy was that the Pakistani first ever internationally acclaimed serial Humsafar didn't nominated for any category except a solo nominee which was set open to audience to choose, and ultimately won. The reason for it was given that it will be unfair for others nominees to nominate Humsafar, though it is hugely popular and have cult following. It was only nominated for viewer's choice nomination in "Best Onscreen Couple". Criticism enlighten that Roshan Sitara and Mere Qatil Mere Dildar there and the most popular and well known drama serial Hamsafar, Durr-e-Shehwar or Bilqees Kaur were not nominated in more than one category. In critics view perhaps Humsafar may have been critiqued for its cliche story line and the stereotyped characters but due to its extravagant popularity it was ignored by jury. Hamsafar was not only well known in Pakistan but also in other nations where individuals observe Pakistani dramas. Bilquess Kaur was another play that deserved to be nominated much more than a drama by audience views and drama like Roshan Sitara in particular that was a complete flop and the storyline totally went haywire. 
Ali Gul Pir nomination
Comedian turned singer Ali gul, was nominated for its famous song "Wadere Ka Beta" in Hum Music category of "Best New Comer in Music" but, cancelled his nomination without knowing him by hum management team. Hum Management head Shahnaz Rizi explained "It was the decision of the management — some of the awards were not given and these particular awards include Excellence in Fashion, Excellence in TV, Best Band and Best New Sensation in Music" without telling any reason for omission.
- Lux Style Awards
- Nigar Awards
- Pakistan Media Awards
- PTV Awards
- Hum Awards
- Hum Awards pre-show
- List of Hum Awards Ceremonies
- "Hum Network". Archived from the original on 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Ratings by TVKahani". Archived from the original on 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Ist Hum Awards". Archived from the original on 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Host and winners of Hum 1st Awards". Archived from the original on 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Mahira Khan and Mikaal Zulfiqar". Archived from the original on 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Winners of Hum Awards". Archived from the original on 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Hum Awards winners pictures". Archived from the original on 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Hum Awards winner list-2".
- "Hum Awards: Winners List". Archived from the original on 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "1st Hum Awards Show Nominations". showbizpak.com. February 5, 2013. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "Hum awards reception and review". dramaspakistani.com. Retrieved May 1, 2013.
- "HS Nomination".
- "Hum awards shocking Nomination". pakmaize.com.
- "Ali Pir Gul's nomination omission". The Express Tribune. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- "Ali gul forgotten by hum". myipedia.com. Retrieved March 17, 2013.
- "Inside story of hum". reviewit.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2013 Hum Awards.|
- Official websites
- Hum Awards official website
- Hum Television Network and Entertainment Channel (HTNEC)
- Hum's Channel at YouTube (run by the Hum Television Network and Entertainment Channel)
- Hum Awards at Facebook (run by the Hum Television Network and Entertainment Channel)
- News resources
- 1st Hum Awards The Express Tribune
- Hum Awards celebration Pakistan Today
- Hum Awards to go Live Urdu Wire
- 2013 Hum Awards Winners list reviewit.com
- 1st Hum Awards press release Media of Pakistan
- Hum Awards Reviews dramapakistani.com