1st Land Force Brigade
|1st Land Force Brigade
1. бригада копнене војске
|Active||July 31, 2006 - present|
|Branch||Serbian Land Forces|
|Part of||Serbian Land Forces|
|Colonel Željko Petrović|
The 1st Land Force Brigade (Serbian: 1. бригада копнене војске, 1. brigada kopnene vojske) is a mixed brigade of Serbian Land Forces. It consist from infantry, armored, mechanized, artillery, air defense, engineering and signal units.
History and traditions
The brigade was formed on July 31, 2006, with command in Novi Sad from the former land forces units located in Vojvodina and Mačva; Novi Sad Corps, 1st Armored Brigade, 402nd and 485th Pontoon Battalion. By the 2007 brigade was again reorganized, with 110th and 111th Poonton Battalion being subordinated to the River Flotilla of Serbian Armed Forces.
The day of 1st Brigade is November 9. On that date, in 1918, Serbian Army 7th Infantry Regiment led by Major Vojislav Bugarski has marched in to Novi Sad.
It's covering the territory of north Serbia, mostly Vojvodina, from the border with Hungary on north to Croatia and Romania on west and east, to Mačva on south. The most units are, like the command of brigade, based in Novi Sad, while the other units are based in Bačka Topola, Sremska Mitrovica and Pančevo.
- 1st Land Force Brigade
- 10th Command Battalion
- 11th Infantry Battalion
- 12th Self-Propelled Artillery Battalion
- 13th Self-Propelled Missile Launcher Artillery Battalion
- 14th Air Defense Artillery Battalion
- 15th Tank battalion
- 16th Mechanized Battalion
- 17th Mechanized Battalion
- 18th Engineer Battalion
- 19th Logistic Battalion
- M-84 main battle tank
- BVP M-80 infantry fighting vehicle
- BTR-50 command armored personnel carrier
- BRDM-2 reconnaissance armored car
- 2S1 122mm self-propelled howitzer
- M-77 Oganj self-propelled multiple rocket launcher
- 9K35 Strela-10 self-propelled SAM
- Bofors L/70 40mm anti-aircraft gun
- infantry armaments
- engineer and logistic vehicles and equipment