2002 Bob Jane T-Marts 1000
|2002 Bob Jane T-Marts 1000|
The 2002 Bob Jane T-Marts Bathurst 1000 was the sixth running of the Australia 1000 race, first held after the organisational split over the Bathurst 1000 that occurred in 1997. It was the 46th race that traces its lineage back to the 1960 Armstrong 500 held at Phillip Island.
The race was won by Mark Skaife and Jim Richards driving a Holden Racing Team prepared Holden VX Commodore. The pair were re-united in sharing a car at Bathurst for the first time in seven years having previously won the race together in 1991 and 1992. It was Skaife's fourth win and the seventh and final win for Richards, placing him second on the list of Bathurst 1000 winners. It was also the fourth win for the Holden Racing Team, successfully defending their 2001 victory.
This race is notable for featuring the longest stop-go penalty in the history of the V8 Supercars, with a five minute penalty being awarded to Greg Murphy due to a pit-lane infringement.
Top Fifteen Shootout
Runoff results as follows:
Race results as follows:
* Owen Kelly practiced the #5 Falcon but was replaced by David Besnard due to illness after Besnard own car was withdrawn after it was crashed heavily by Wayne Gardner
** Ross Halliday practiced the #87 Falcon but was replaced by Peter Doulman after Doulman's own car (#24) failed to qualify.
- Provisional Pole Position – #21 John Bowe – 2:08.3873
- Pole Position – #1 Mark Skaife – 2:08.8278
- Fastest Lap – #21 Brad Jones – 2:09.5705
- Average Speed – 143 km/h
- "Bob Jane T-Marts 1000 Mount Panorama – Bathurst V8 Supercars – Top 15 Shootout". National Software. 12 October 2002. Retrieved 2008-06-13.
- "Bob Jane T-Marts 1000 Mount Panorama – Bathurst V8 Supercars 1000". National Software. 13 October 2002. Retrieved 2008-06-13.
- The Great Race – 2002, Chevron Publishing Group, page 246
- Normoyle, Steve (2003). The Great Race 22. Chevron Publishing Group. ISSN 1031-6124.
- Auto Action, 9 – 15 October 2002
2002 VIP Petfoods Queensland 500
|2002 V8 Supercar Championship Series||Next race:
2002 FAI V8 Supercar Challenge
2001 V8 Supercar 1000
|Bathurst 1000||Next year:
2003 Bob Jane T-Marts 1000