2002 Raghunath temple attacks
First attack occurred on 30 March 2002 when two suicide bombers attacked the temple. Eleven persons including three security forces personnel were killed and 20 were injured. The attack occurred around 10:20 AM when the terrorists arrived and fired at the guards killing them on the spot. They then stormed the temple, threw a grenade andfired indiscriminately at the worshippers. After expending his ammunition one of the attackers who was wearing a suicide vest blew himself up. Then Minister of State for External Affairs of India, Omar Abdullah, blamed Pakistan for the terrorist attacks on the Raghunath temple in Jammu and ruled out withdrawing troops from the border, saying Islamabad had done nothing to warrant it.
The fidayeen suicide squad attacked the temple second time on 24 November 2002 when two suicide bombers stormed the temple and killed fourteen devotees and injured 45 others. Witnesses said terrorists hurled grenades and fired indiscriminately on the heavily guarded Raghunath temple. India blamed a Pakistan-based militant group, Lashkar-e-Taiba, for the attack. Deputy Prime Minister Lal Krishna Advani of India blamed the recent release by the government of Pakistan of the chief of the Lashkar-e-Taiba, Hafiz Muhammad Saeed for the attack.
The personnel of Central Reserve Police Force Yatindra Nath Rai, Assistant Commandant, Dev Singh, Head Constable, E.G. Rao, Head Constable, T.A.Singh, Constable, and Late K.K. Pandey, Constable displayed conspicuous gallantry, courage and devotion to duty of a high order.  Late K K Pandey was posthumously awarded President's Police Medal for Gallantry. Yatindra Nath Rai, Dev Singh, E.G.Rao and T.A. Singh were awarded Police Medal for Gallantry.  
- J&K: Court acquits 6 in Raghunath temple attack case, rediff.com, 2006-10-31
- Foreign ultras storm Raghunath Temple, The Tribune, 2001-03-31
- Omar Abdullah blames Pak. for Raghunath temple attack, The Hindu, 2002-04-02
- Heavy firing at Kashmir temple, CNN, 2002-11-24
- 10 Killed in Attack on Temple in Kashmir, The New York Times, 2002-11-25
- Kashmir temples hit by gunbattles, BBC, 2002-11-25
- Kashmir temple reopens, BBC, 2002-11-27
- Raghunath Temple attacked, 12 dead, The Tribune, 2002-11-24
- Terrorists attack Jammu temples, 12 dead, The Times of India, 2002-11-24
- Security Increased in Jammu City Following Attack on Hindu Temple, Voice of America, 2002-11-25
- Printed in The Gazette of India, 17 December 2005
- http://www.jeanpaulleblanc.com/India.htm Orders, Decorations and Medals