2002 in Pakistan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 1 January - an earthquake strikes northern Pakistan.
- 12 January - President Musharraf declares a war on extremism.
- 18 January - President Musharraf, in an interview with CNN, says he believes that Osama bin Laden is dead.
- India shuns Pakistan's offer of talks.
- 22 June - A wedding feast in Pakistan's tribal areas ends in tragedy after an error during the celebratory firing of a mortar shell; fourteen people are killed.
- 23 October - An earthquake of magnitude 4.0 strikes the Peshawar valley at 0230 PST. The epicentre is 50 km east of the city of Peshawar.
- 21 November - A strong earthquake, measuring 5.6 on the Richter magnitude scale, strikes northern Pakistan.
26 November - The Pakistan army has to use helicopters to evacuate thousands of people following the earthquake, as roads are blocked and the temperature is falling due to the onset of winter.
|This article about Pakistani history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|