2003 NCAA National Collegiate Women's Ice Hockey Tournament
|2003 NCAA National Collegiate Women's
Ice Hockey Tournament
|Finals Site||Duluth Entertainment Convention Center
|Champions||Minnesota Duluth (3rd title, 3rd title game,
3rd Frozen Four)
|Runner-Up||Harvard (1st title game,
2nd Frozen Four)
|Semifinalists||Dartmouth (2nd Frozen Four)
Minnesota (2nd Frozen Four)
|Winning Coach||Shannon Miller (3rd title)|
|MOP||Caroline Ouellette (Minnesota Duluth)|
|NCAA National Collegiate Women's Ice Hockey Tournaments
The 2003 NCAA National Collegiate Women's Ice Hockey Tournament involved four schools playing in single-elimination play to determine the national champion of women's NCAA Division I college ice hockey. It began on March 21, 2003, and ended with the championship game on March 23. A total of four games were played.
|National Semifinals March 21||National Championship March 23|
Note: * denotes overtime period(s)
Dartmouth defeated Minnesota 4-2 in the third place game.
- March 23: UMD make women's hockey history as the Bulldogs win their third straight NCAA Frozen Four tournament. The Bulldogs defeat Harvard in a double overtime win 4–3. The game was held in Duluth, Minnesota in front of the largest crowd in women's hockey NCAA history (5,167). Nora Tallus scored the game winner 4:19 into the second overtime.
- G: Amy Ferguson, Dartmouth
- D: Julie Chu, Harvard
- D: Angela Ruggiero, Harvard
- F: Caroline Ouellette, Minnesota-Duluth*
- F: Jenny Potter, Minnesota-Duluth
- F: Hanne Sikio, Minnesota-Duluth
* Most Outstanding Player(s)
- "Memorable Moments". Minnesota Duluth Athletics. Retrieved 3 May 2010.