2004 Formula BMW Asia season
The 2004 Formula BMW Asia season was won by Marchy Lee of Hong Kong, driving for Team Meritus. Lee finished the season on 250 points, followed by BMW Junior driver, 24-year-old You Kyong-Ouk and Rookie Cup winner Mehdi Bennani), both on 124 points. Lee receive an extra prize in recognition of his extraordinary achievements – a three-day test with the Team Rosberg Formula 3 outfit.
Final Championship Standings
- Marchy Lee (Team Meritus) 250 points,
- You Kyong-Ouk (BMW Korea E-Rain) 124 points,
- Mehdi Bennani (Team Meritus) 114 points,
- Hanss Lin Po Heng (Belgravia Motorsport) 120 points,
- Tyson Sy (Minardi Team Asia) 108 points,
- Salman Al Khalifa (Belgravia Motorsport) 84 points,
- Dado Pena (Minardi Team Asia) 83 points,
- Hamad Al Fardan (Belgravia Motorsport) 80 points,
- Nik Iruwan Nik Izani (Team Meritus) 42 points,
- Robert T. Boughey (Minardi Team Asia) 39 points,
- Han Han (Team E-Rain) 32 points,
- Mohammed Al Baharna (Belgravia Motorsport) 32 points,
- Maekkasit Weraporasu (Autosport with Arto) 9 points,
- Tohru Jitsukawa (Autosport with Arto) 4 points,
- Gaby Dela Merced (Team E Rain) 1 point.
Final Rookie Cup Standings
- Mehdi Bennani 223 points,
- Robert T. Boughey 160 points,
- Hamad Al Fardan 157,
- Nik Iruwan Nik Izani 152 points,
- Han Han 142 points,
- Gaby Dela Merced 60 points.
- Formula BMW Asia – Round 14 – Taebaek – Race BMW Group Press Archive. 17 October 2004. Retrieved On 28 June 2012.