2004 French Grand Prix
|Race 10 of 18 in the 2004 Formula One season|
|Date||July 4, 2004|
|Official name||Mobil 1 Grand Prix de France|
|Course||Permanent racing facility
4.411 km (2.74 mi)
|Distance||70 laps, 308.77 km (191.8 mi)|
The 2004 French Grand Prix was a Formula One race held on July 4, 2004 at the Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours. This race has become famous for a 4 stop strategy used by Michael Schumacher to beat Fernando Alonso's Renault. Rubens Barrichello finished third in his Ferrari, having overtaken Jarno Trulli in the last corners of the last lap.
- Lap Leaders: Fernando Alonso 36 (1-32, 43-46) and Michael Schumacher 34 (33-42 and 47-70)
- Ralf Schumacher was involved in a serious accident in the 2004 United States Grand Prix, and he was out of action for 6 races.
- Marc Gené replaced Ralf Schumacher in this race and the next race.
- Last points finish of 2004 for Jarno Trulli.
Standings after the race
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- "The Official Formula 1 website". Retrieved 2009-03-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2004 French Grand Prix.|
2004 United States Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
2004 British Grand Prix
2003 French Grand Prix
|French Grand Prix||Next race:
2005 French Grand Prix