2005 Norwegian Premier League
|Goals scored||515 (2.83 per match)|
|Top goalscorer||Ole Martin Årst (16 goals)|
|Biggest home win||Rosenborg 6-0 Odd Grenland
(25 September 2005)
Lyn 6-0 Bodø/Glimt
(29 October 2005)
|Biggest away win||Odd Grenland 0–5 Rosenborg
(29 May 2005)
|Highest scoring||Start 4-5 Aalesund
(15 October 2005)
|Longest winning run||5 games
|Longest unbeaten run||10 games
|Longest winless run||11 games
|Longest losing run||6 games
|Highest attendance||24,894, at home match of Vålerenga|
|Lowest attendance||3,051, at home match of Odd Grenland|
The 2005 season of the Norwegian Premier League (Tippeligaen) began on April 10, 2005, and was concluded with the last of 26 rounds played on October 29. 3 points were given for wins and 1 for draws.
Vålerenga, the winner of this year's season will enter the second round of next year's Champions League qualification, while number 2 (I.K. Start), number 3 (Lyn) and the cup winner enter the UEFA Cup qualification round. The top four teams qualify for Royal League.
Number thirteen (Aalesund) and fourteen (Bodø/Glimt) were relegated, while number twelve (Molde) had to play two qualification matches (home and away) against number three (Moss) in Adeccoligaen (where number one and two are directly promoted) for the last spot in next year's season. Molde won the qualification matches.
The greatest surprises of the 2005 season were the great performance of I.K. Start, promoted to the Premier League in the 2004 season and ended up winning silver, and the disappointing performance of Rosenborg B.K. which fought against relegation from the Premier League after winning it for 13 straight seasons.
1,726,145 people attended the matches, and that's a new record for the Norwegian Premier League. It is 300,000 more than the previous year. It is also more than twice as much as in 1995, when only 841,717 attended the matches during the whole season.
League table 
P = Matches played; W = Matches won; D = Matches drawn; L = Matches lost; F = Goals for; A = Goals against; GD = Goal difference; Pts = Points
- Bodø/Glimt and Aalesund were relegated.
- Stabæk and Sandefjord were directly promoted.
- Molde won playoff against Moss, 5-2 on aggregate.
- Match 1: Moss 2-3 Molde
- Match 2: Molde 2-0 Moss
- Vålerenga goes to UEFA Champions League 2006-07 qualification round
- Start (2nd), Lyn (3rd) and Molde (cup winner) go to UEFA Cup 2006-07 qualification round
- Vålerenga (1st), Start (2nd), Lyn (3rd) and Lillestrøm (4th) qualify for Royal League 2005-06
- 16 goals:
- 14 goals:
- 13 goals:
- 11 goals:
- 10 goals:
- 9 goals:
- 8 goals:
See also 
- "Tippeligaen - 2005". WhoScored.com. WhoScored.com. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "Tilskuertall Tippeligaen 2005". nifs.no (in Norwegian). A-pressen. Retrieved 9 May 2013.