2005 in animation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The year 2005 in animation involved some animation-related events.
- February 6 - American Dad!, a pilot episode airs on FOX following a new episode of The Simpsons after Super Bowl XXXIX.
- March 28 - Turner Broadcasting splits Adult Swim off from Cartoon Network after the block debuted in 2001, as for Nielsen Media Research could treat it as a separate channel for ratings purposes.
- May 1 - Family Guy returns on Fox after a three year cancellation, sparking popularity and strong DVD sales.
- May 9 - Japanese animation studio A-1 Pictures is founded.
- September 23 - Nicktoons rebranded itself as Nicktoons Network. It rebranded for 4 years before Nicktoons returned the same name again.
- Academy Award for Best Animated Feature: Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
- Animation Kobe Feature Film Award: Zeta Gundam A New Translation: Heirs to the Stars
- Annie Award for Best Animated Feature: Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
- Goya Award for Best Animated Film: Midsummer Dream
- Japan Media Arts Festival Animation Award: Flow
- Mainichi Film Awards - Animation Grand Award: Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa
Main article: List of animated feature films: 2005
Television series debuts
Main article: List of animated television series of 2005
- February 6 - American Dad! debuts on Fox (2005–present).
- February 20 - Robot Chicken debuts on Adult Swim (2005–present).
- February 21 - Avatar: The Last Airbender debuts on Nickelodeon (2005–2008).
- May 9 - Catscratch debuts on Nickelodeon (2005-2007).
- May 30 - The Life and Times of Juniper Lee debuts on Cartoon Network (2005–2007).
- July 8 - Camp Lazlo debuts on Cartoon Network (2005–2008).
- September 6 - Go, Diego, Go! debuts on Nickelodeon (2005-2011)
- September 10 - G.I. Joe: Sigma 6 debuts on Fox (2005-2006)
- September 17 - Johnny Test debuts on The WB (2005–2006), later aired on The CW (2006–2008) and Cartoon Network (2009–present).
- December 27 - Ben 10 debuts on Cartoon Network (2005–2008).
Television series endings
- March 23 - The Powerpuff Girls on Cartoon Network (1998–2005).
- April 25 - Sealab 2021 on Adult Swim (2000–2005).
- December 31 - The Proud Family on Disney Channel (2001-2005).
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2012)|