2006–07 AFC Wimbledon season
|Isthmian League Premier Division||5th|
During the 2006–07 English football season, AFC Wimbledon competed in the Isthmian League Premier Division. In January 2007, they were expelled from the FA Trophy for fielding an ineligible player, Jermaine Darlington, in a second round tie against Gravesend & Northfleet. They were later deducted 18 points, reduced to three points on appeal, by the Ryman League for fielding a player without international clearance. AFC Wimbledon reached the play-off positions at the end of the season but once again lost out as they were beaten in the play-off semi-final by Bromley.
||Qualification or relegation
|1||Hampton & Richmond (C) (P)||42||24||10||8||77||53||+24||82||Promotion to Conference South|
|2||Bromley (P)||42||23||11||8||83||43||+40||80||Qualification to Playoffs|
|16||East Thurrock United||42||14||6||22||56||70||−14||48|
|20||Worthing (R)||42||8||11||23||57||82||−25||35||Relegation to Isthmian League First Division|
|21||Walton & Hersham (R)||42||9||6||27||38||83||−45||33|
|22||Slough Town (R)||42||4||6||32||26||123||−97||18|
Updated to games played on 1 May 2007.
Source: Isthmian League Premier Division
Rules for classification: 1) points; 2) goal difference; 3) number of goals scored
#AFC Wimbledon were deducted three points for fielding an ineligible player.
(C) = Champion; (R) = Relegated; (P) = Promoted; (E) = Eliminated; (O) = Play-off winner; (A) = Advances to a further round.
Only applicable when the season is not finished:
(Q) = Qualified to the phase of tournament indicated; (TQ) = Qualified to tournament, but not yet to the particular phase indicated; (RQ) = Qualified to the relegation tournament indicated; (DQ) = Disqualified from tournament.
- "Dons are expelled from FA Trophy". BBC Sport. 26 January 2007. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "AFC Wimbledon deducted 18 points". BBC Sport. 7 February 2007. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "FA cuts AFC Wimbledon punishment". BBC Sport. 26 March 2007. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- Mokbel, Sami (2 May 2007). "Dons promotion dream dashed". Wimbledon Guardian. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "AFC Wimbledon lose points". AFC Wimbledon (AFC Wimbledon). 1 May 2007. Archived from the original on 1 May 2007. Retrieved 20 August 2012.