2006 Churchill Cup
The 2006 Churchill Cup is a Rugby Union competition, typically between the second teams of various top tier international Rugby nations and the first teams of traditionally less prominent teams, such as Canada and the USA. It first began on June 3, 2006 and ended on June 17. The 2006 competition marked the fourth year of the Churchill Cup as well as its expansion from four to six teams. The Cup was contested by Canada, England Saxons, Ireland A, New Zealand Māori, Scotland A, and the USA. New Zealand Māori won the competition.
The teams were split into two pools of three. The Canada pool played in Ontario and consisted of Canada, England Saxons and Scotland A. The America pool played their games in Santa Clara, California, and consisted of the USA, New Zealand Maori and Ireland A.
The winners of the two pools moved on to compete in the overall final; the two runners up competed for the plate and the two teams to finish third in their group competed for the bowl. All of the finals were played in Edmonton.
Fifth Place Final:
Third Place Final
First Place Final
- The following abbreviations and rules are used in collating the tables:
- Pos = Table Position
- Pld = Played
- W = Win (Worth 4 points)
- D = Draw (Worth 2 points)
- L = Loss (Worth 0 points)
- BP = Bonus Points:
- One bonus point was awarded to any team that scored four or more tries in a single match, regardless of the result.
- One bonus point was awarded to any team that lost by seven points or fewer
- Pts = Progressive points tally
- Churchill Cup official site