2006 Webby Awards
The 10th annual 2006 Webby Awards were held on June 12, 2006 at the Cipriani Hotel in New York City and were hosted by comedian Jon Stewart. Judging was provided by the 500-person International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, and winners were selected from among 5,500 entries from around 40 countries worldwide. This award ceremony saw the creation of a new award category, "Best Viral Video".
Nominees and winners
|Category||Webby Award winner||People's Voice winner||Other nominees|
|Best Use of Animation or Graphics||Bebop Jeans  White Noise||DreamStudioDesign  DSD Animations||Weird TV  eat.tv,inc.|
|Best Game||Stackopolis -||Miniclip -||Protokid -
(current archive at the Wayback Machine (archived June 15, 2006))
|Best Game-Related||Gamasutra -||GameSpot -||GameSpy -
(current archive at the Wayback Machine (archived June 8, 2006))
|Best Humor||The Onion  Behavior||The Onion  Behavior||Weird TV  eat.tv,inc.|
|Best Weird||Snopes.com  BURST! Media||Snopes.com  BURST! Media||Weird TV  eat.tv,inc.|
|This table is not complete, please help to complete it from material on this page.|
Winners and nominees are generally named according to the organization or website winning the award, although the recipient is, technically, the web design firm or internal department that created the winning site and in the case of corporate websites, the designer's client. Web links are provided for informational purposes, both in the most recently available archive.org version before the awards ceremony and, where available, the current website. Many older websites no longer exist, are redirected, or have been substantially redesigned.
- Shlain, Tiffany. "Web Trends." TechNews. 13 January 2006.
- Singh, Amar. "LSE 04: Online Oscars? We're all WWWinners - 10 Websites that all Clicked with Judges of Innovative Design." The Evening Standard. Pg.18. 11 May 2006.
- Singh, Amar. "A MERGE: World Wide Winners - Jamie's School Dinners and Gorillaz Named in Online 'Oscars' Awards." The Evening Standard. Pg.22. 11 May 2006.
- Staff. "Guardian Home Pages: The Best Newspaper Website in the World." The Guardian. Pg.1. 10 May 2006.
- Staff. "News: Lichfield - Staffordshire News: Website proves to be a Star." Birmingham Evening Mail. Pg.20. 17 May 2006.
- Keyes, Bob. "A gusher of praise for Coke-and-Mentos act; Buckfield performers win a Webby Award for their popular Internet video of soda explosions." Portland Press Herald. 3 May 2007