2007–08 Philadelphia 76ers season
|2007–08 Philadelphia 76ers season|
|Head coach||Maurice Cheeks|
|Place||Division: 3rd (Atlantic)
Conference: 7th (Eastern)
|Playoff finish||First Round
|Television||CSN Philadelphia, WPSG|
|< 2006–07||2008–09 >|
The 2007–08 Philadelphia 76ers season was the 69th season of the franchise, 59th in the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- 1 Key dates
- 2 Summary
- 3 Draft picks
- 4 Roster
- 5 Depth chart
- 6 Regular season
- 7 Playoffs
- 8 Player statistics
- 9 Awards and records
- 10 Transactions
- 11 See also
- 12 References
- 13 External links
- June 28: The 2007 NBA Draft took place in New York City, New York.
- July 1: The free agency period started.
- October 12: The Sixers pre-season started with a game against the New Jersey Nets.
- November 2: The Sixers season started with a game against the Chicago Bulls.
- December 4: General Manager Billy King was fired and replaced by former New Jersey Nets GM Ed Stefanski.
- April 4: The Sixers clinched a playoff berth to the 2008 NBA Playoffs.
- May 1: The Sixers were eliminated from the 2008 NBA Playoffs with their game 6 loss to Detroit finishing the series 4-2.
NBA Draft 2007
On May 22, the Sixers were assigned the 12th overall selection in the NBA Draft Lottery. On June 28, The Sixers then used that pick to select forward Thaddeus Young from Georgia Tech. The Sixers also held picks 21 and 30 of the first round that they received last season in a trade with the Denver Nuggets for Allen Iverson. They used these picks to select guard Daequan Cook from Ohio State and Petteri Koponen from Finland. In the second round the Sixers selected center Kyrylo Fesenko with the 30th overall pick. During the draft, Daequan Cook was traded to the Miami Heat for also recently drafted forward Jason Smith. Petteri Koponen was traded to the Portland Trail Blazers for swingman Derrick Byars. Finally, Kyrylo Fesenko was traded to the Utah Jazz for forward/center Herbert Hill.
|1||12||Thaddeus Young||Small forward||United States||Georgia Tech|
|1||21||Daequan Cook (traded to Miami)||Shooting guard||United States||Ohio State|
|1||30||Petteri Koponen (traded to Portland)||Point guard||Finland||Tapiolan Honka (Finland)|
|2||38||Kyrylo Fesenko (traded to Utah)||Center||Ukraine||SK Cherkassy (Ukraine)|
|Philadelphia 76ers roster|
|C||Samuel Dalembert||Jason Smith||Calvin Booth||Herbert Hill|
|PF||Thaddeus Young||Reggie Evans||Louis Amundson||Shavlik Randolph|
|SF||Andre Iguodala||Rodney Carney|
|SG||Willie Green||Kevin Ollie|
|PG||Andre Miller||Louis Williams|
|New Jersey Nets||34||48||.415||32||21–20||13–28||4–12|
|New York Knicks||23||59||.280||43||15–26||8–33||5–11|
|2008 playoff game log|
First Round: 2–4 (Home: 1–2; Road: 1–2)
|2008 playoff schedule|
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game|
Awards and records
- Andre Miller was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week for games played from February 4 through February 10.
- Thaddeus Young, NBA All-Rookie Team 2nd Team
- The Sixers broke the team record of fewest points allowed in a game by only giving up 63 points to the Charlotte Bobcats on November 7, 2007.
- Willie Green had a career-high 37 points against the Toronto Raptors on April 4, 2007.
The 76ers have been involved in the following transactions during the 2007-08 season.
|June 28, 2007||To Miami Heat
Rights to Daequan Cook (2007 21st overall draft pick), second round draft pick (2009) and cash considerations
|To Philadelphia 76ers
Rights to Jason Smith (2007 20th overall draft pick)
|June 28, 2007||To Philadelphia 76ers
Rights to Derrick Byars (2007 42nd overall draft pick) and cash considerations.
|To Portland Trail Blazers
Rights to Petteri Koponen (2007 30th overall draft pick)
|June 28, 2007||To Utah Jazz
Rights to Kyrylo Fesenko (2007 38th overall draft pick)
|To Philadelphia 76ers
Rights to Herbert Hill (2007 55th overall draft pick)
|September 10, 2007||To Denver Nuggets
Steven Hunter and Bobby Jones
|To Philadelphia 76ers
Reggie Evans and draft rights to Ricky Sanchez
|December 29, 2007||To Philadelphia 76ers
Gordan Giriček and future first round pick
|To Utah Jazz
|Player||Date signed||Former team|
|Calvin Booth||September 10||Washington Wizards|
|Player||Date left||New team|
|Derrick Byars||October 22||Köln 99ers|
|Gordan Giriček||February 29||Phoenix Suns|