2007 Limerick Senior Hurling Championship
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (October 2007)|
The Limerick Senior Hurling Championship is an annual club competition between the top hurling clubs in Limerick. The winners of the Limerick Championship qualify to represent their county in the Munster Club Championship, the winners of which go on to the All-Ireland Senior Club Hurling Championship.
The Limerick county championship does not operate on a group system; it instead uses a knock-out system with a last chance backdoor system for teams knocked out in the first and second rounds.
The 16 teams are randomly drawn into 8 first round ties. The 8 winners progress to round 2. These 8 teams are drawn in 4 games with the winners of each progressing to the quarter finals.
The 8 teams beaten in round 1 are drawn together into 4 games where the losers go into the relegation playoffs and the winners go on to be drawn against the beaten teams from round 2, the winners of which will take the 4 remaining quarter final positions.
Sixteen teams will contest the 2007 Limerick County Championship. These teams are:
- City : Claughaun, Na Piarsaigh, Patrickswell.
- East : Ahane, East Geraldines, Doon, Murroe-Boher.
- South: Bruree, Croom, Garryspillane, Kilmallock, Knockainey.
- West : Adare, Granagh-Ballingarry, Tournafulla, Killeedy,
|Game||Date||Team A||Score||Team B||Score|
|May 20||Murroe Boher||2–18||Patrickswell||1–17|
|May 27||Granagh Ballingarry||0–14||Bruree||1–8|
|May 27||Adare||2–16||Na Piarsaigh||1–7|
|May 27||Tournafulla||1–8||East Geraldines||0–11|
First Round Replay
|June 7||East Geraldines||2–17||Tournafulla||3–9|
- Adare 4–15, East Geraldines 1–14;
- Croom 1–12, Ahane 0–14;
- Granagh Ballingarry 1–11, Claughaun 0–8;
- Murroe Boher 1–14, Kilmallock 0–14;
- Patrickswell 3–15, Garryspillane 1–16;
- Knockainey 1–18, Doon 1–10;
- Bruree 5–11, Tournafulla 1–6;
- Na Piarsaigh 2–15, Kileedy 1–10;
- Doon 0–13, Garryspillane 0–13;
- Tournafulla 1–17, Killeedy 3–9;
- Garryspillane 2–9, Doon 1–11;
- Ahane 2–20, Knockainey 0–7;
- East Geraldines 1–22, Na Piarsaigh 1–17;
- Kilmallock 2–16, Patrickswell 1–11;
- Claughaun 0–10, Bruree 0–8;
- Doon 0–17, Kileedy 1–4.
- *Kileedy relegated to intermediate hurling for 2008. Dromin-Athlacca will take their place as they won the 2007 Limerick Intermediate hurling championship.
- Adare 1–16, Ahane 1–15.
- Murroe-Boher 1–13, Claughaun 0–11.
- Kilmallock 3–22, Granagh-Ballingarry 0–15.
- Croom 0–20, East Geraldines 1–11.
- Adare 0–24, Murroe Boher 2-08
- Croom 1–13, Kilmallock 1-08
- Adare 0–14, Croom 0-05
- http://www.hoganstand.com/Limerick/results.aspx www.hoganstand.com/Limerick/results.aspx