2007 Sugar Bowl
|2007 Allstate Sugar Bowl|
|Date||January 3, 2007|
|Location||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|MVP||LSU QB JaMarcus Russell|
|Favorite||LSU by 8½|
|National anthem||Irvin Mayfield|
|Referee||Tom Walker (Big 12 Conference)|
|Halftime show||LSU and Notre Dame Marching Bands|
|United States TV coverage|
|Announcers:||Kenny Albert, Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long|
The 2007 Allstate Sugar Bowl was a college football bowl game, which formed part of the 2006–2007 Bowl Championship Series (BCS) of the 2006 NCAA Division I-BS football season. Played on January 3, 2007, in the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans, it was the 73rd Sugar Bowl. The game matched the 2006 Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team against the 2006 LSU Tigers football team and was televised on Fox.
This game received extra attention because it was the return of the Sugar Bowl to New Orleans. In 2006, the game was played at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia due to the damage caused by Hurricane Katrina to the Superdome (that game also featured a virtual "home" team, the Georgia Bulldogs). LSU won the 2007 contest 41–14, tying the Notre Dame-LSU series at 5–5 (with LSU taking a 2–0 lead in bowl game meetings).
- LSU - Keiland Williams 3-yard touchdown run (David kick good). (11:16). 7-0 LSU
- LSU - Dwayne Bowe 11-yard touchdown reception from JaMarcus Russell. (David kick good). (6:03). 14-0 LSU
- Notre Dame - David Grimes 24-yard Touchdown reception from Brady Quinn. (Gioia kick good). (1:26). 14-7 LSU
- Notre Dame - Jeff Samardzija 10-yard touchdown reception from Brady Quinn. (Gioia kick good). (2:25). 14-14 Tie
- LSU - JaMarcus Russell 5-yard touchdown run. (David kick good). (1:15). 21-14 LSU
- LSU - Colt David 26-yard field goal. (9:34). 24-14 LSU
- LSU - Colt David 37-yard field goal. (3:49). 27-14 LSU
- LSU - Brandon LaFell 58-yard touchdown reception from JaMarcus Russell. (David kick good). 34-14 LSU (1:26)
- LSU - Keiland Williams 20-yard touchdown run. (Gaudet kick good). 41-14 LSU
- "Irish Fall In Sugar Bowl". UND.com. 2007-01-04. Retrieved 2007-11-13.