2007 Sundance Film Festival
||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Sundance Film Festival. (Discuss) Proposed since September 2013.|
|2007 Sundance Film Festival|
|Opening film||Chicago 10|
|Closing film||Life Support|
|Location||Park City, Salt Lake City, Ogden, and Sundance, Utah|
|Hosted by||Sundance Institute|
|Number of films||122|
|Festival date||January 18–28, 2007|
The 2007 Sundance Film Festival ran from January 18 until January 28, 2007 in Park City, Utah with screenings in Salt Lake City, Utah and Ogden, Utah. It was the 23-rd iteration of the Sundance Film Festival. The opening night film was Chicago 10; the closing night film was Life Support.
3,287 feature films were submitted, of which 1,852 were U.S films (compared to 1,764 in 2006) and 1,435 were international films (vs. 1,384 in 2006). From these, 122 feature films were selected and include 82 world premieres, 24 North American premieres, and 10 U.S. premieres from 25 countries. The festival had films from almost 60 first or second-time feature filmmakers.
- 1 Films
- 2 Award winners
- 3 Juries
- 4 Festival Theaters
- 5 References
- 6 External links
For a full list of films appearing at the festival, see List of films at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival.
- Grand Jury Prize: Documentary - Manda Bala (Send a Bullet)
- Grand Jury Prize: Dramatic - Padre Nuestro
- Grand Jury Prize: World Cinema Dramatic - Adama Meshuga'at (Sweet Mud)
- Grand Jury Prize: World Cinema Documentary - Vores lykkes fjender (Enemies of Happiness)
- Audience Award: Documentary - Hear and Now
- Audience Award: Dramatic - Grace Is Gone
- World Cinema Audience Award: Documentary - In the Shadow of the Moon
- World Cinema Audience Award: Dramatic - Once
- Documentary Directing Award - Sean Fine and Andrea Nix Fine for War/Dance
- Dramatic Directing Award - Jeffrey Blitz for Rocket Science
- Excellence in Cinematography Award: Documentary - Heloisa Passos for Manda Bala (Send a Bullet)
- Excellence in Cinematography Award: Dramatic - Benoit Debie for Joshua
- Documentary Film Editing - Hibah Sherif Frisina, Charlton McMillan, and Michael Schweitzer for Nanking
- Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award: Dramatic - James C. Strouse for Grace Is Gone
- Special Jury Prize: Dramatic Performance - Jess Weixler in Teeth and Tamara Podemski in Four Sheets to the Wind
- Special Jury Prize: Dramatic - Chris Smith, director of The Pool
- Special Jury Prize: Documentary - No End in Sight
- Special Jury Prize: World Cinema Dramatic - L' Héritage (The Legacy)
- Special Jury Prize: World Cinema Documentary - Hot House
- Jury Prize in Short Filmmaking - Everything Will Be OK
- Jury Prize in International Short Filmmaking - The Tube With a Hat
- Honorable Mentions in Short Filmmaking - Death to the Tinman, The Fighting Cholitas, Men Understand Each Other Better (Mardha Hamdigar Ra Behtar Mifahmand), Motodrom, Spitfire 944, t.o.m.
- Special Jury Prize in Short Filmmaking - Freeheld
- 2007 Alfred P. Sloan Prize - Dark Matter
The juries at the Sundance Film Festival are responsible for determining the Jury Prize winners in each category and to award Special Jury Prizes as they see fit.
Jury, Independent Film Competition: Documentary
Jury, Independent Film Competition: Dramatic
Jury, World Cinema Competition: Documentary
- Raoul Peck, Juan Carlos Rulfo, Elizabeth Weatherford
Jury, World Cinema Competition: Dramatic
- Carlos Bolado, Lynne Ramsay, U-Wei Bin Haji Saari
Jury, Shorts Competition
- Jared Hess, Daniela Michel, Mark Elijah Rosenberg
Alfred P. Sloan Feature Film Prize Jury
- Park City
- Eccles Theatre - 1,270 seats
- Egyptian Theatre - 266 seats
- Holiday Village Cinemas II - 156 seats
- Holiday Village Cinemas III - 156 seats
- Holiday Village Cinemas IIV - 164 seats
- Library Center Theatre - 448 seats
- Prospector Square Theatre - 352 seats
- Racquet Club Theatre - 602 seats
- Yarrow Hotel Theatre - Press and industry screenings
- Kimball Junction
- Redstone Cinemas - 185 seats
- Salt Lake City
- Sundance Resort
- Sundance Institute Screening Room - 164 seats
- "World premiere of Brett Morgen's documentary Chicago 10 to open 2007 Sundance Film Festival" (PDF). 2006-11-16. Retrieved 13 February 2008.
- "2007 Sundance Film Festival announces films in the Premieres, Spectrum, New Frontier, Park City at Midnight and From the Sundance Follection Sections" (PDF). 2006-11-06. Archived (PDF) from the original on 16 February 2008. Retrieved 13 February 2008.
- "Sundance Film Festival 2007 Film Guide" (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on 3 January 2007. Retrieved 2007-01-05.
- "Sundance Film Festival Announces '07 Lineup". ComingSoon.net. November 29, 2006. Retrieved 2007-01-05.[dead link]
- "2007 Sundance Film Festival Announces Independent Film and World Cinema Competitions" (PDF). Sundance.org. November 29, 2006. Archived (PDF) from the original on 5 January 2007. Retrieved 2007-01-05.
- "2007 Sundance Film Festival award winners". The Salt Lake Tribune. 2007-01-28. Retrieved 2007-01-28.