2007 World Music Awards
The 2007 World Music Awards (19th annual World Music Awards) was held November 4, 2007 in Monaco for the first time in several years. Awards were presented based on record sales rather than any vote. All proceeds from the evening were donated to the construction of a hospital in Darfur. The show was hosted by Julian McMahon. Performers included Nightwish, Akon, Amr Diab, Avril Lavigne, Cascada, Celine Dion, Ciara, Laura Pausini, Maná and Rihanna.
- Outstanding contribution to R & B: Patti LaBelle
- Outstanding Contribution to Music: Celine Dion
Entertainer of the year
- World's Best Selling DJ: David Guetta
- World's Best Selling Internet Artist: Akon
- World's Best Selling Latin Group: Maná
- Best Selling New Artist: Mika
- World's Best Selling Pop Female Artist: Rihanna
- World's Best Selling Pop Male Artist: Justin Timberlake
- World's Best Selling Pop Rock Female Artist: Avril Lavigne
- World's Best Selling Pop Rock Male Artist: Mika
Rap Hip Hop
- World's Best Selling Rap Hip Hop Artist: 50 Cent
- Best Selling African Artist: Akon
- Best Selling American Artist: Justin Timberlake
- Best Selling Australian Artitst: Silverchair
- Best Selling British Artist: Mika
- Best Selling Canadian Artist: Avril Lavigne
- Best Selling Dutch Artist: Within Temptation
- Best Selling French Artist: Christophe Willem
- Best Selling German Artist: Cascada
- Best Selling Irish Group: U2
- Best Selling Italian Artist: Laura Pausini
- Best Selling Latin American Artist: Maná
- Best Selling Middle Eastern Artist: Amr Diab
- Best Selling Russian Artist: Serebro
- Best Selling Spanish Artist: Miguel Bosé
- Best Selling Scandinavian Artist: Nightwish
Top Award Winners
- Akon won three awards: (1) Best Selling R&B Male Artist, (2) Best Selling African Artist and (3) Best Selling Internet Artist
- Mika won three awards: (1) Best Selling British Artist, (2) Best Selling New Artist and (3) Best Selling Pop /Rock Male Artist.
- Rihanna won three awards: (1) Entertainer of the Year, (2) Best Selling Pop Female Artist and (3) Best Selling R&B Female Artist
- Avril Lavigne won two awards: (1) Best Selling Pop Rock Female Artist and (2) Best Selling Canadian Artist.
- Justin Timberlake won two awards: (1) World's Best Selling Pop Male Artist and (2) Best Selling American Artist.
- Maná won two awards: (1) World's Best Selling Latin Group and (2) Best Selling Latin American Artist.
This year's World Music Awards was sponsored by English fashion brand Belstaff, one of the best known companies in its field with many products appearing in Hollywood blockbuster movies including Mission Impossible III, Ocean's Twelve and The Departed.
- "2007 AWARDS LIST AND FINAL COMMUNIQUE" (Press release). WORLD MUSIC AWARDS. 2007-04-11. Retrieved 2008-02-11.