2007 in Denmark
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events from the year 2007 in Denmark.
- May 25 – Bjarne Riis admits that he won the Tour de France using banned substances.
- September 28 – The third phase of the Copenhagen Metro opens, connection it to Copenhagen Airport Travelling time between the airport and downtown Copenhagen at Kongens Nytorv is now 14 min.
- October 3 – the Danish Royal Court announces that Prince Joachim has become engaged to Marie Cavallier.
- November 15 – The Spinderiet shopping centre is inaugurated in Valby, Copenhagen
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
- June 27 – Lundgaard & Tranberg's Tietgenkollegiet in Copenhagen and 3XN's Alsion in Sønderborg each win a 2007 RIBA European Award at the Royal Institute of British Architects' annual awards ceremony in London.
- February 25 – At the 79th Academy Awards, Susanne Bier's After the Wedding is among the five films nominated for an Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film but the Oscar goes to the German The Lives Of Others.
- October 10 – It is announced that the Danish film The Art of Crying is the winner of the 2007 Nordic Council Film Prize.
- March 15 – Brøndby IF wins 2006–07 Royal League by defeating FC Copenhagen 1–0 in the final.
- May 17 – Odense Boldklub wins the 2006–07 Danish Cup by defeating FC Copenhagen 2–1 in the final.
- February 4 – Denmark wins bronze at the 2007 World Men's Handball Championship in Germany by defeating France 34–27.
- May 27 – Anders Hansen wins the BMW PGA Championship on the 2007 European Tour.
- July 7–29 – 2007 Tour de France
- September 16 — Søren Hansen wins the Mercedes-Benz Championship (European Tour) on the 2007 European Tour.
- October 13 – Nicki Pedersen becomes Speedway World Championship by winning the 2007 Speedway Grand Prix series.
- October 14 – Mads Vibe-Hastrup wins Madrid Open on the 2007 European Tour.
- April 21 – Princess Isabella of Denmark
- 26 January – Hans J. Wegner, furniture designer (born 1914)
- 13 February - Holger Vistisen, actor (born 1932)
- 20 February – Carl-Henning Pedersen, painter (born 1913)
- 1 March - Otto Brandenburg, actor and singer (born 1934)
- 24 June - Natasja Saad, rapper and reggae singer (born 1974)
- "Tour no longer lists Riis as champ after doping admission". Associated Press/ESPN. June 7, 2007.
- "Nu kører metroen til lufthavnen". Politiken. Retrieved November 6, 2009.
- "Året der gik i Danmark". TV2. Archived from the original on March 2, 2008. Retrieved November 5, 2009.
- "Historien" (in Danish). Spinderiet. Retrieved May 22, 2011.
- "RIBA National and European Awards winners announced". RIBA. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- "The Art of Crying wins Nordic Council Film Prize". Cineuropa. Retrieved February 19, 2012.