2007 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1997 . 1998 . 1999 . 2000 . 2001 . 2002 . 2003 ...
2004 2005 2006 -2007- 2008 2009 2010
... 2011 . 2012 . 2013 . 2014 . 2015 . 2016 . 2017 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 2007 in architecture involved some significant events.
- May 30 – The Saitta House at Dyker Heights, Brooklyn, New York built in 1899 is added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- July 21 – Construction of Burj Khalifa surpasses the height of Taipei 101 (510 m) to become the tallest building in the world at 818m.
- January 20 – Olympic Sculpture Park, Seattle, WA., USA, designed by Weiss/Manfredi.
- January 21 – The National Art Center, Tokyo, designed by Kisho Kurokawa
- February 28 – San Francisco Federal Building, by Morphosis.
- March 8 – Limoges Concert Hall, France, by Bernard Tschumi Architects.
- March 9 – New Wembley Stadium, London (original stadium demolished in 2002)
- April 25 – IAC/InterActiveCorp headquarters opens in New York, by Gehry Partners.
- June 9 – Bloch Building, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art addition, Kansas City, Mo. by Steven Holl Architects
- August 9 – Roland Levinsky Building at the University of Plymouth, Devon, UK, by Henning Larsen.
- October 17 – BMW Welt ("BMW World") exhibition facility in Munich, Germany, by Coop Himmelb(l)au
- December 1 – The New Museum of Contemporary Art, New York, by SANAA.
- December 10 – Inauguration of major Marseille-Saint-Charles railway station's requalification.
- Manchester Civil Justice Centre by Denton Corker Marshall.
- Beetham Tower, Manchester by Ian Simpson.
- Kolumba (diocesan art museum) in Cologne, Germany, designed by Peter Zumthor
- Wachendorf-Feldkapelle-Bruder-Klaus, Germany, designed by Peter Zumthor
- FiftyTwoDegrees in Nijmegen, designed by Mecanoo
- AIA Gold Medal – Edward Larrabee Barnes
- Architecture Firm Award – Leers Weinzapfel Associates Architects
- Emporis Skyscraper Award – Het Strijkijzer
- European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture (Mies van der Rohe Prize) – Mansilla+Tuñón Arquitectos for Contemporary Art Museum of Castilla y León
- Grand Prix de l'urbanisme – Yves Lion
- Mies van der Rohe Prize – Mansilla+Tuñón Arquitectos for the MUSAC in León, Spain
- Praemium Imperiale Architecture Award – Herzog & de Meuron
- Pritzker Prize – Richard Rogers
- RAIA Gold Medal – Enrico Taglietti
- Royal Gold Medal – Herzog & de Meuron
- Stirling Prize – David Chipperfield Architects for the Museum of Modern Literature in Marbach am Neckar
- Thomas Jefferson Medal in Architecture – Zaha Hadid
- Twenty-five Year Award – Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Vincent Scully Prize – Witold Rybczynski
- June 20 – Margaret Helfand, Manhattan-based New York architect and urban planner (born 1947; colon cancer)
- August 11 – Wolf Hilbertz, German-born futurist architect, inventor, and marine scientist (born 1938)
- September 30 – Oswald Mathias Ungers, German rationalist architect and architectural theorist (born 1926)
- October 12 – Kisho Noriaki Kurokawa, Japanese architect and co-founder of the Metabolist Movement (born 1934)
- October 21 - Jorge Arango, Colombian-born US minimalist architect (born 1917)
- “Saitta House – Report Part 1" DykerHeightsCivicAssociation.com