2008 CAA Men's Basketball Tournament
|Champions||George Mason (4th title)|
|Winning coach||Jim Larranaga (3rd title)|
|MVP||Folarin Campbell  George Mason|
|2008 NIT, 2008 NCAA,
The 2008 CAA Men's Basketball Tournament was an NCAA Division 1 College Basketball Conference tournament that was held at the Richmond Coliseum on March 7–10, 2008, to decide the Colonial Athletic Association conference champion. The winner advances to the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship tournament, a 64-team tournament to decide a national champion of college basketball.
Bracket and results
Friday, March 7
Saturday, March 8
Sunday, March 9
Monday, March 10
|5||William & Mary||56|
|5||William & Mary||58|
|5||William & Mary||63|
|5||William & Mary||59|
|CAA All-Tournament Team||Player||School||Position||Year|
|Folarin Campbell||George Mason||Guard||Senior|
|Laimis Kisielius||William & Mary||Forward||Senior|
|Eric Maynor||Virginia Commonwealth||Guard||Junior|
|David Schneider||William & Mary||Guard||Sophomore|
|Danny Sumner||William & Mary||Forward||Sophomore|
|Will Thomas||George Mason||Forward||Senior|
- William and Mary d. Georgia State 58–57: David Schneider made a 3-pointer with less than a second remaining to eliminate the Panthers one year after the Tribe lost to GSU the same way.
- George Mason d. Northeastern 63–52: One week prior to this game, Northeastern had beaten GMU in the regular season finale.
- William and Mary d. VCU 56–54: Laimus Kisielius banked in a layup with 3 seconds left to earn W&M its first-ever trip to the CAA Championship game. The fans stormed the Richmond Coliseum court.
- George Mason d. William and Mary 68–59: The win secured GMU coach Jim Larranaga's fourth NCAA Tournament appearance with the Patriots since 1998.
- GEORGE MASON WINS 2008 CAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP. Accessed March 19, 2008.
- , retrieved 2010-03-10