2008 Detroit Sports Car Challenge
The Detroit Sports Car Challenge presented by Bosch was the ninth round of the 2008 American Le Mans Series season. It took place at the Belle Isle temporary street circuit, Michigan on August 30, 2008.
Andretti Green Racing scored their first overall victory, as well as the second overall victory for the Acura program. Audi failed to win the LMP1 category for the first time all season after one car crashed and the other was disqualified for a rule infraction. Intersport Racing, the lone remaining LMP1 competitor, earned the class win. Flying Lizard managed to finish the race with all three of their Porsches in the top four in GT2 to help extend their lead over the Tafel Racing Ferraris, while Corvette Racing easily led the GT1 category.
This race marked the first time since the debut of the Porsche RS Spyder at the 2005 Monterey Sports Car Championships that Porsche failed to finish in a podium position in the LMP2 class; the Acuras of Highcroft Racing and de Ferran Motorsport completed the LMP2 and overall podium behind the Andretti Green Acura, and ahead of the #7 Penske Racing Porsche in fourth.
Class winners in bold. Cars failing to complete 70% of winner's distance marked as Not Classified (NC).
- Pole Position - #9 Patrón Highcroft Racig - 1:13.483
- Fastest Lap - #9 Patrón Highcroft Racing - 1:15.540
- "Detroit Domination: Acura, AGR win on Belle Isle". American Le Mans Series. 2008-08-30. Retrieved 2008-09-02.[dead link]
- "ALMS Final Race Report" (PDF). International Motor Sports Association. 2008-08-30. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- "ALMS Qualifying Report" (PDF). International Motor Sports Association. 2008-08-29. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
|American Le Mans Series|
2008 Grand Prix of Mosport
|2008 season||Next race:
2008 Petit Le Mans